Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

I sent a secure message on ebay extras master card site to synchrony asked them if they can PC my ebay extras MC to pay pal cash back , since i am not eligible to apply if i have either paypal master card or ebay extras master card. lets see what they will say. It would suck big time if i am stuck with ebay mastercard and not able to get paypal cash back just because i have ebay extras mc. : /

Message 51 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone have to call to verify? Applied last night and was given a number to call along with a reference number so they could pull the application. Called this morning and you could hear other represenatives talking in the background. Seemed kinda shady or just plain unprofessional. All they asked me was to verify my phone numbers and if they could send me a text verification code. Gave them the okay to send me verification code and they told me I was approved for $5k. But, shouldn't I see something about it being approved in my paypal account already, like some sort of credit limit? I know capital one creditwise alerted me that SYNCYB/PPEXTR pulled my report. Should I be worried?

Also, applied for the Blispay card last night and they told be to call in too. Called this morning but they said I was declined cause they couldn't verify me. Wanted Blispay for the financing even if it shows on one report.

Message 52 of 139
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Instant approval: $3,500

Tier II: 24.99% (yes this is high, but I was looking for a new everyday card so no balances will be carried)

Existing relationship with Synch: Marvel ($8k), Walmart ($6K), Amazon ($5k), Care Credit ($12k), TJ Maxx ($10k), American Eagle ($4k)

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 53 of 139
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone have to call to verify? Applied last night and was given a number to call along with a reference number so they could pull the application. Called this morning and you could hear other represenatives talking in the background. Seemed kinda shady or just plain unprofessional. All they asked me was to verify my phone numbers and if they could send me a text verification code. Gave them the okay to send me verification code and they told me I was approved for $5k. But, shouldn't I see something about it being approved in my paypal account already, like some sort of credit limit? I know capital one creditwise alerted me that SYNCYB/PPEXTR pulled my report. Should I be worried?

Also, applied for the Blispay card last night and they told be to call in too. Called this morning but they said I was declined cause they couldn't verify me. Wanted Blispay for the financing even if it shows on one report.

I had to do the same thing back when I applied.  For people who had to do the verification, the account may show up much later than for others (mine took nearly 2 weeks if I recall correctly).

Message 54 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I had to call and verify my address.

Message 55 of 139
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called RECON line....ummmmm.....NO!!     I called RECON and asked why I have a SL of $300.  He verified a few things told me it was a SP to reconsider.  Then asked me how much I was asking for....I said $10k thinking they may come back with $5k.....he came back and said ummmmmmm....NO.....we will send you a letter, is there anything else I can help you with?

you called 877-379-8170 or 866-519-6441 with 700 something TU and they said no?!

Message 56 of 139
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

Screenshot_2017-08-31-20-23-29.png

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 57 of 139
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

TU is 782
Three TU inquiries in the last year (four total -- this made fifth)
I have top tier APR but a starting limit of $300...
Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 58 of 139
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have paypal credit and applied. Approved for 3k. Also, it seems to be legit cashback and not points. The lack of minimum redemption plus better starting limit that will most likely grow means this will probably replace my DC as my daily driver. My DC only wins out in APR at 15.24% vs 24.99g for Paypal. Doesnt matter as I PIF anyway but it nice to have a relatively low interest rate for emergencies.

How were you able to apply with already having PP credit?  When I clicked on link, it made sign into PayPal account and said offer wasn't available or something like that.

DW and I both  have 2 PP accounts. 1 each for each line (Different email for each)

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 59 of 139
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Called RECON line....ummmmm.....NO!!     I called RECON and asked why I have a SL of $300.  He verified a few things told me it was a SP to reconsider.  Then asked me how much I was asking for....I said $10k thinking they may come back with $5k.....he came back and said ummmmmmm....NO.....we will send you a letter, is there anything else I can help you with?

you called 877-379-8170 or 866-519-6441 with 700 something TU and they said no?!

Same with DW and I.

We both of above 750 TU's. 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 60 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.