Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

I also received the card and activated 2 days ago with nothing in my Paypal account.  I logged into the account today and NOW the new 2% card is in my Paypal account.  All at a whopping $300 SL.....LOL.....hmmmmmm if I want to keep util under 10% I can't even fill up my gas tank.

Message 121 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close extras MC now and after an year you can apply for 2% cash back card. I closed my ebay extras mc last month

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone else is keeping track. I just got off the phone with CS and there currently is NO product change available from Extras MC, to this new 2% Cashback Card

Bummer. I've had this card since the "upgrade" last spring and only used it once. It's a shame really, this card is SD'd indefinitely. 

Message 122 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to a rep about not seeing my card in my paypal account still. They told me wait about 4 days for it to sync with my paypal account. I've been using the card without a problem so far.

Message 123 of 139
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I have the Comenity Paypal credit and got approved for the Mastercard, so those saying you can't have both aren't correct.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 124 of 139
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Close extras MC now and after an year you can apply for 2% cash back card. I closed my ebay extras mc last month

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone else is keeping track. I just got off the phone with CS and there currently is NO product change available from Extras MC, to this new 2% Cashback Card

Bummer. I've had this card since the "upgrade" last spring and only used it once. It's a shame really, this card is SD'd indefinitely. 

Since the new card is a different product from the 'Extras' I wouldn't expect Synchrony to require a 12 month wait before applying (since you're technically not 'reapplying').  Of course Synchrony's logic might not agree with mine. 

If it were me I would be tempted to give it a try.

Message 125 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since the new card is a different product from the 'Extras' I wouldn't expect Synchrony to require a 12 month wait before applying (since you're technically not 'reapplying').  Of course Synchrony's logic might not agree with mine. 

If it were me I would be tempted to give it a try.

Well I'm not intrerested in applying for a new account right now. Opened a new account back in Jan, and waiting on it to age. Plus, I was just hoping to get it PC'd so when I buy the occasional item off eBay I can get slighty more rewards. 

(side note, had I known that Sync would close my old SC account, and start a NEW account for this card, I would not have "upgraded" it...they flat out lied to me about that, multiple times and it pisses me off, but I digress) 

Message 126 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok my boyfriend just got approved this card today so i will add what i know of his data points to this thread..

bf is 28.. never had ANY credit before 6 months ago when Snap On got to him at work(ugh.. yup they approved someone with no credit for a $3500 toolbox!) and yes i know snapon is bad but its done now

about a month after opening the snap on, he got the Cap1 MC for $300 with the auto CLI at 5 months(which he is at 3 months).. 3 days ago he got a pre-approval for QS1 so he contacted Cap1 and they upgraded his card to QS.. (took me 3.5 years to get QS! pfft)

in the past week:

his credit aged another month

cap1 finally updated his balance to 0 instead of 50% util

his authorized user for my disco showed up 

and his credit score went from low 600's to low 700s'! .. and yes i know CK is not the most accurate no need to jump on me blah blah..

his FICO score as of 9/10 per creditscorecard is 693

this morning we applied him for this as this paypal card is really the only card he wants he doesn't care amount amex etc..

he applies and gets a notice to call in within 48 hours.. he calls in, they verify his name, address, ssn, send a code to my phone(because we did the application on my phone).. guy does his thing..i figure he's getting approved, probably for like $500..

sir congratulations you have been approved..your credit line is........$3,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!  we both almost fall on the floor LOL.

i dont know which interest rate he got he hasn't gotten an email yet and his paypal is not updated yet, but i will update when i find out

Message 127 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess didn't have to wait 4 days for the card to sync with my PayPal account. It finally showed up today in my account.
Message 128 of 139
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Never had a Synchrony card before but liked the 2% rewards on this card.  Approved on 9/10/17for $2,000.  Showed up in my PayPal account almost immediately.  Was wondering about how long after approval has it taken others to get their new card?  Thanks!

Message 129 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Never had a Synchrony card before but liked the 2% rewards on this card.  Approved on 9/10/17for $2,000.  Showed up in my PayPal account almost immediately.  Was wondering about how long after approval has it taken others to get their new card?  Thanks!

Took 7 business days for mine. The general 5-7 days is pretty accurate.

Message 130 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.