Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Established Member
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎08-31-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Received an e-mail today saying that I should receive the card in 2-5 days and that it should be in my paypal account for use already. It's not in my account just yet. Wonder what tier I fall under. If I can believe the free transunion score from Discover, my score was 762 last month.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎03-07-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


kamina wrote:

Received an e-mail today saying that I should receive the card in 2-5 days and that it should be in my paypal account for use already. It's not in my account just yet. Wonder what tier I fall under. If I can believe the free transunion score from Discover, my score was 762 last month.


Did you not get an approval email stating your CL and APR?

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Established Member
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎08-31-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

No, did not get an approval e-mail at all. Which I thought was strange. When I applied, they asked to call in to verify somethings. They told me over the phone that I was approved for $5k after asking me some questions. Don't remember hearing my APR. The only other confirmation I had that I was approved was the alerts I got from Experian that a new card was open on my credit report from with a $5k limit from SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC :/

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎08-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Got instant approved! Some data points

649 TU score according to Credit Karma

17% Utilization

about 32k Annual income

About 86k in available credit across all my cards

23 inquiries, 15 of them are within the past 12 months.

22 total accounts, 1 is an auto loan and 1 is an unsecured loan, and the rest are credit cards

10 are less then a year old, and 6 of those 10 are less then 6 months old

11 Months AAOA

 

 

 

 

paypalapproved.png 

Too many new cards and am too lazy to update my signature
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 255
Registered: ‎08-07-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

[ Edited ]

 

Also forgot to add I have Paypal credit as well with a $3300 limit on the same Paypal account.

 

Also I can add I opened a Dicks Sporting Goods $300 limit, TJ Maxx $400 limit and JCPenney card with $900 limit. All 3 were opened in the past couple months, and none were the Mastercard version. Guess I got lucky on the Paypal Mastercard thankfully! Thank you Synchrony!

 


Royalbacon wrote:

Got instant approved! Some data points

649 TU score according to Credit Karma

17% Utilization

about 32k Annual income

About 86k in available credit across all my cards

23 inquiries, 15 of them are within the past 12 months.

22 total accounts, 1 is an auto loan and 1 is an unsecured loan, and the rest are credit cards

10 are less then a year old, and 6 of those 10 are less then 6 months old

11 Months AAOA

 

 

 

 

paypalapproved.png 


 

Too many new cards and am too lazy to update my signature
Regular Contributor
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎03-07-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Has anyone received their card yet? Thought mine would be here yesterday.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,577
Registered: ‎06-05-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

 

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.


Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,761
Registered: ‎09-28-2014
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


c00mtg wrote:

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

 

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.


Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.


Fico 08: 720/721/719 TU/EX/EQ
Regular Contributor
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎03-07-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


DaveInAZ wrote:

c00mtg wrote:

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

 

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.


Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.


Not true. I had Paypal Credit when i applied and was approved. Paypal stated on their support pages they were working to allow multiple credit products. I even posted a screenshot earlier in this thread showing you can have both.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,577
Registered: ‎06-05-2015
0 Kudos

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Umm, interesting...not that I'm going to apply.  

 

It would be nice to have another 2% cash back card.  My #1 now is the Fidelity Visa which is giving me $50/month just on my bills.

 

Thanks both!


Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.