Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.

Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.

Not true. I had Paypal Credit when i applied and was approved. Paypal stated on their support pages they were working to allow multiple credit products. I even posted a screenshot earlier in this thread showing you can have both.

I couldn't find your post with a screenshot showing you can have both. but I'll take your word on it. But when I Google "can you have both paypal credit and paypal mastercard?" I get this from PP Support:

At this time, you can only have one PayPal card (PayPal Credit, PayPal MasterCard or eBay MasterCard) linked to your PayPal account. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to enable this feature.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-happens-if-I-already-have-a-PayPal-Card-(Smart-Connect,-PayPal-MasterCard-or-eBay-MasterCard)-product-linked-to-my-PayPal-account-FAQ3257

It's been that way for years. Maybe they're working on allowing multiple credit products, but even they're working on it if one has PP Credit that may be causing the problem of them not allowing an app for the Cashback MC. I called in & closed my PP Credit account in June to get the invite for the 2% Cashback MC. It took a week or so and then I finally got the invite. And that's OK, I wouldn't want PP Credit back even if they do allow both.

Message 101 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So weird, when i log into my paypal, a message/picture of this new card comes up and says to "click here" to learn more.  When i click, it takes me to the next window which then says:

We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

If you are responding to a preapproved offer, you will be provided with additional information.

*The PayPal MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated.

Do you have PayPal Credit? (kinda looks like it in your sig). If you do you can't also have PayPal Mstercard from Synchrony, it's one or the other.

Not true. I had Paypal Credit when i applied and was approved. Paypal stated on their support pages they were working to allow multiple credit products. I even posted a screenshot earlier in this thread showing you can have both.

I couldn't find your post with a screenshot showing you can have both. but I'll take your word on it. But when I Google "can you have both paypal credit and paypal mastercard?" I get this from PP Support:

At this time, you can only have one PayPal card (PayPal Credit, PayPal MasterCard or eBay MasterCard) linked to your PayPal account. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to enable this feature.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-happens-if-I-already-have-a-PayPal-Card-(Smart-Connect,-PayPal-MasterCard-or-eBay-MasterCard)-product-linked-to-my-PayPal-account-FAQ3257

It's been that way for years. Maybe they're working on allowing multiple credit products, but even they're working on it if one has PP Credit that may be causing the problem of them not allowing an app for the Cashback MC. I called in & closed my PP Credit account in June to get the invite for the 2% Cashback MC. It took a week or so and then I finally got the invite. And that's OK, I wouldn't want PP Credit back even if they do allow both.

Bottom of Page 3.

Message 102 of 139
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

i dont think all applicants can get this MC if they already have smartconnect and or PP credit or both linked to their 2 PP accounts some got lucky thou

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 103 of 139
TaterDawg
New Contributor

I've got Paypal credit ($3500) and was approved last week for the MC ($8000).  However, I can't seem to view any information about the MC from within my Paypal account online or through the app, even though I've gotten emails with "Click here!" links telling me that I can.  I'm also stil waiting on my card to arrive.

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 104 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 105 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have Paypal Credit and was approved for the MC. But, I still don't see any info about the MC in my account and haven't recevied the card yet either.

Message 106 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have Paypal Credit and was approved for the MC. But, I still don't see any info about the MC in my account and haven't recevied the card yet either.

I haven't either. Today, I got a letter from them about my APR and score. It also said that the card should arrive soon. I'm guessing because of the holiday it got delayed and weather issues.

Message 107 of 139
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Untitled2.png

Same account. Temp line 250, actual 5000.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Paypal-2-MC-Approved/td-p/5041945

Very interesting.   I currently have PPC, which I mainly use for my auto insurance.   I don't plan on jumping yet (will probably be using Marvel DC for gen spend to hit the spend offer), but it's nice to know I have options.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 108 of 139
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Very interesting.   I currently have PPC, which I mainly use for my auto insurance.   I don't plan on jumping yet (will probably be using Marvel DC for gen spend to hit the spend offer), but it's nice to know I have options.  

I'll be darned! I closed my 10 year + PP Credit account in June just to get the invite for the 2% Cashback Sync card. PyPal always said that you can't have both a PP Credit & PP MC card, and that was true until recently. I had to call into Comenity but got my account reinstated and an hour later it was approved & both linked in my PayPal account. I think I even got a CLI, as I recall PP Credit was only $3k:

paypal.jpg

Perfect! PP Credit for deferred interest on large purchases, 2% Cashback MC for everyday purchases. Smiley Very Happy

Message 109 of 139
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

ok here is the deal i think now i have an idea why people getting approved for the PP cashback MC with PP credit its because they mite don't have the smart connect linked to their business or PP premier account in short they have only one PP account with only PP credit from comenity read the letter below once again it is my guess NO HP353.jpg

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 110 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.