cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Moderator

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the reply and data. Interesting that PP will let you get the card that way.  I was more curious for others as I really don't use cashback cards much and if I did, I'd gof or the 2.5% USAA Limitless.  Still seems like a good card and easy redemptions which is always a good thing.


I would love to get the USAA 2.5% Limitless but alas, I am not so lucky as to have military affiliation for membership.

 

Direct Application Link from DoC if anyone needs it.


That link still takes me to my PP log in. Might have to do it with a browser that doesn't have my login info stored.

 

Edit - Tried in Safari incognito and still takes me to PP login.  It says a PP account is needed to apply.  You never had to login into your PP account?

Message 21 of 139
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

I kind of dig the look of this card..

Amex Green • Amex BCP • Amex HH (Surpass®) • Barclay Rewards • Chase World of Hyatt • Capital One Quicksilver • Discover it • PENFED Platinum Rewards • Marvel MC • Amazon Store • Kohls Store • CL $92,130 • Car Loan (PENFED) 1.99%

FICO® 8 Scores 790+
Message 22 of 139
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Was looking for a 2% flat daily driver and this checked all the boxes. Got approved for $3500. This and my BCP will be doing some heavy lifting for a long time to come.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $16k| Barclays Commence World MasterCard $11.7k|Barclay Cash Forward $4.5k| BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX BCE $6.6k| AMEX Schwab Investor Card $5k|AMEX BCP $9.8k| Huntington Voice $3.8k| Chase Amazon Prime Visa $1k
Message 23 of 139
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


northface28 wrote:
Was looking for a 2% flat daily driver and this checked all the boxes. Got approved for $3500. This and my BCP will be doing some heavy lifting for a long time to come.

What's your TU 08 score?

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 24 of 139
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

714.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $16k| Barclays Commence World MasterCard $11.7k|Barclay Cash Forward $4.5k| BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX BCE $6.6k| AMEX Schwab Investor Card $5k|AMEX BCP $9.8k| Huntington Voice $3.8k| Chase Amazon Prime Visa $1k
Message 25 of 139
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the reply and data. Interesting that PP will let you get the card that way.  I was more curious for others as I really don't use cashback cards much and if I did, I'd gof or the 2.5% USAA Limitless.  Still seems like a good card and easy redemptions which is always a good thing.


I would love to get the USAA 2.5% Limitless but alas, I am not so lucky as to have military affiliation for membership.

 

Direct Application Link from DoC if anyone needs it.


That link still takes me to my PP log in. Might have to do it with a browser that doesn't have my login info stored.

 

Edit - Tried in Safari incognito and still takes me to PP login.  It says a PP account is needed to apply.  You never had to login into your PP account?


Hmmmm... I honestly dont remember. Im sure I had to log in but i have my username and password saved in Firefox so I may have clicked through so fast and didnt realize it.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 26 of 139
Moderator

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the reply and data. Interesting that PP will let you get the card that way.  I was more curious for others as I really don't use cashback cards much and if I did, I'd gof or the 2.5% USAA Limitless.  Still seems like a good card and easy redemptions which is always a good thing.


I would love to get the USAA 2.5% Limitless but alas, I am not so lucky as to have military affiliation for membership.

 

Direct Application Link from DoC if anyone needs it.


That link still takes me to my PP log in. Might have to do it with a browser that doesn't have my login info stored.

 

Edit - Tried in Safari incognito and still takes me to PP login.  It says a PP account is needed to apply.  You never had to login into your PP account?


Hmmmm... I honestly dont remember. Im sure I had to log in but i have my username and password saved in Firefox so I may have clicked through so fast and didnt realize it.


Weird because no matter how I try to get past the login, it still takes me there which makes sense because it says an existing PP account is required.  I get this message once i log in: 

 

"We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

 

Maybe someone else with a PP Credit account can see if they can apply.

Message 27 of 139
Moderator

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

Message 28 of 139
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

$300 for one shoe? $600 a pair that would be $12 cashback. Your off to a great start on earning lots of cash back, even if you only have a $300 limit. Incidentally my last pair of shoes was $13 really thought I was splurging.
AAOA 1 year Fico 08's 738 739 703
Message 29 of 139
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available


Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the reply and data. Interesting that PP will let you get the card that way.  I was more curious for others as I really don't use cashback cards much and if I did, I'd gof or the 2.5% USAA Limitless.  Still seems like a good card and easy redemptions which is always a good thing.


I would love to get the USAA 2.5% Limitless but alas, I am not so lucky as to have military affiliation for membership.

 

Direct Application Link from DoC if anyone needs it.


That link still takes me to my PP log in. Might have to do it with a browser that doesn't have my login info stored.

 

Edit - Tried in Safari incognito and still takes me to PP login.  It says a PP account is needed to apply.  You never had to login into your PP account?


Hmmmm... I honestly dont remember. Im sure I had to log in but i have my username and password saved in Firefox so I may have clicked through so fast and didnt realize it.


Weird because no matter how I try to get past the login, it still takes me there which makes sense because it says an existing PP account is required.  I get this message once i log in: 

 

"We are unable to process your request for the PayPal MasterCard*.

 

Maybe someone else with a PP Credit account can see if they can apply.


Weird Indeed.

 

After refollowing the link and making sure i wasnt still logged into paypal, I discovered it does prompt you to log in which I surely did. I'm pretty sure from the login it took me to the application page where you enter income, personal info, etc. Hopefully we can get some more data points on this.

 

Here's a screenshot showing where I have both just for imperical evidence.

 

Capture.JPG

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 30 of 139