Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Irish80 wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

Yep, that is probably the issue. Thanks for the Data Point!

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

depdep8 wrote:
$300 for one shoe? $600 a pair that would be $12 cashback. Your off to a great start on earning lots of cash back, even if you only have a $300 limit. Incidentally my last pair of shoes was $13 really thought I was splurging.

My last pair of shoes was about a buck and a half.. CapOne QS, saved just over 2 cents.. It all adds up.

Amex Green • Amex BCP • Amex HH (Surpass®) • Barclay Rewards • Chase World of Hyatt • Capital One Quicksilver • Discover it • PENFED Platinum Rewards • Marvel MC • Amazon Store • Kohls Store • CL $92,130 • Car Loan (PENFED) 1.99%

FICO® 8 Scores 790+
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

Regular Contributor

Cant you have both a personal and business account at the same time?
AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg

Treasurecredit wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

I think, key word think, is that you can open a personal PP acount with different email address and get in that way.

Established Member

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have paypal master card or ebay mc can you still apply for this?

QS 7K | Disc11.5k | Amex Evday 6.9K | AmexBluCsh 7.7K| NFCUcshrewrds15.5K | Penfed cshrewrds 5K | Consumers Cu Visa signature Cash rebate 6.5K | Blispay 2K| Citi Sim 7K | Citi Double cash 5.6k|
Chase Aarp 4.2K| Chase prime vis sig 3.5K | Walmart MC 10K |Ebay MC 5K| Amz Store CC 5K | Care credit 5.5K |Marvel MC 4K |Good yearCC 2.4k - Over 100k CL all together

FICO SCORES- TU 740, EQ 710, EX729 , AAOA 1 year. Inquiries TONS.
Established Contributor

coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I have CiTi DC as well but they tend to be stingy with increases. Synchrony on the other hand can be very generous. Might have to app for this as a back up.

FICO8 Scores:~ 9/23/2017:~ TU:~737 EQ:~738 EX:~756
Inquires TU:~10 EQ:~11 EX:~15
Total Utilization:~ 4%
Total Revolving CL:~ $350k+club
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

FICO 08 (Sep 2017): EX 657 / EQ 660 / TU 683 - Gardening until 04/30/18!
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Irish80 wrote:

I downgraded my business account to a personal PayPal account two months ago because a rep told me I wouldn't be able to apply or get an invite with a business PayPal account. He said there's a weird glitch that does exactly what you described.

FICO 08 (Sep 2017): EX 657 / EQ 660 / TU 683 - Gardening until 04/30/18!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.