cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Irish80 wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

Yep, that is probably the issue. Thanks for the Data Point!

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 31 of 139
Valued Contributor

depdep8 wrote:
$300 for one shoe? $600 a pair that would be $12 cashback. Your off to a great start on earning lots of cash back, even if you only have a $300 limit. Incidentally my last pair of shoes was $13 really thought I was splurging.

My last pair of shoes was about a buck and a half.. CapOne QS, saved just over 2 cents.. It all adds up.

Amex Green • Amex BCP • Amex HH (Surpass®) • Barclay Rewards • Chase World of Hyatt • Capital One Quicksilver • Discover it • PENFED Platinum Rewards • Marvel MC • Amazon Store • Kohls Store • CL $92,130 • Car Loan (PENFED) 1.99%

FICO® 8 Scores 790+
Message 32 of 139
Frequent Contributor

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

I think I figured out.  Tried with my g/fs account as she has PP Credit as well and it does require her to login but then takes her thru to the application page.  Totally forgot my PP account is a business one so that's probably why it won't let me apply.

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

Message 33 of 139
Regular Contributor

Cant you have both a personal and business account at the same time?
AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 34 of 139

Treasurecredit wrote:

Ringwraith1986 wrote:

Irish80 wrote:

So you can't apply if you have a Business Paypal account? Is there a work around?

I think, key word think, is that you can open a personal PP acount with different email address and get in that way.

Message 35 of 139
Established Member

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 139
Frequent Contributor

If you have paypal master card or ebay mc can you still apply for this?

QS 7K | Disc11.5k | Amex Evday 6.9K | AmexBluCsh 20K| NFCU cashrewrds15.5K | NFCU more rewards amex 9.7K|Penfed cshrewrds 5K | Penfed travel Amex 5K|Consumers Cu Visa signature Cash rebate 6.5K | Blispay 2K| Citi Sim 8.5K|Citi Double cash 7.1k|
Chase Aarp 4.2K| Chase prime vis sig 3.5K | Paypal 2% Cash back 300| US Bank Cash+VisaSig 1k | US bankAmex 500| Walmart MC 10K | Wellsfargo cashwise 1.5K |2nd Disc 3.5K| Amz Store CC 5K | Care credit 5.5K |Marvel MC 5.5K |Good yearCC 2.4k - Over 150k CL all together

FICO SCORES- TU 737, EQ 710, EX 729 , AAOA 1 year. Inquiries TONS.
Message 37 of 139
Established Contributor

coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I have CiTi DC as well but they tend to be stingy with increases. Synchrony on the other hand can be very generous. Might have to app for this as a back up.

I AMEX | BOA | Barclay | Chase | CiTi | CapOne | Discover | FNBO | NavyFed | PenFed | Sync l USAA | US Bank |
FICOO8 Scores As of 11/10/2017: TU 737 // EQ 730 // EXP 764 // TCL: $400k+ Club
Message 38 of 139
Frequent Contributor

Ringwraith1986 wrote:
@Irish
I used the direct offer link from doctorofcredits blog. Maybe thats why? I would post a link but I'm on mobile.

@shoegal
Im pretty sure paypal credit is an Eq pull from comenity. Ive heard sometimes they double pull Ex. Its a nice to have in the financial toolbag. Hidden tradeline and 6mo no payment no interest over $99.

Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

FICO 08 (Nov 2017): EX 635 / EQ 635 / TU 666 - Gardening until 05/30/18!
Message 39 of 139
Frequent Contributor

Irish80 wrote:

I downgraded my business account to a personal PayPal account two months ago because a rep told me I wouldn't be able to apply or get an invite with a business PayPal account. He said there's a weird glitch that does exactly what you described.

FICO 08 (Nov 2017): EX 635 / EQ 635 / TU 666 - Gardening until 05/30/18!
Message 40 of 139