Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

I read somewhere that if you have Paypal account that linked to Paypal Credit by Comenity, you cant apply for this Paypal 2%. You CANT have Paypal Credit from Comenity and Paypal Mastercard from Sync Bank under 1 Paypal account. Is that true? I dont want waste a HP. Thanks.

Message 41 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alohawinn
I did exactly this without any problem. Check out my previous posts in this thread for data points.
Message 42 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any luck with calling Credit Solutions and getting a CLI before card activation?

Message 43 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just scanned the whole thread and didnt see this yet. 

has anyone tried PC'g thier Extras Card to this? Is it possble? I got the Extras card last year as part of that "upgrade". The ONLY good thing to come out of it was the CLI, which helped pad my UTL across my reports. I have only swiped the card twice, as their current rewards structure sucks for me. 

Anyhow, I could get behind the 2% and would PC in a heartbeat and actually put the card in my daily routine. 

Message 44 of 139
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I'm trying to be good and not apply. Already have the Citi DC and Penfed PowerCash.

Message 45 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacetx wrote:

@coolbrad wrote:

I'm trying really hard to tell myself I don't need this card since I have the Citi Double Cash.  So tempting though. Smiley Sad

I'm trying to be good and not apply. Already have the Citi DC and Penfed PowerCash.

Does the PenFed card have redemption limitations?

Message 46 of 139
galahad15
Valued Contributor

From the paypal website, the APR tiers appear to be:

16.99% for Account Type 1 or
24.99% for Account Type 2 or
27.99% for Account Type 3

Since there are other 2% cashback cards AFAIK that can be had at lower go-to APRs, this one does not seem to look that appealing to me Smiley Indifferent  The only reason I would app for a card with a high APR at this time would be if it had truly unique features, such as Blispay, Cash+, etc.

Message 47 of 139
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

@coolbrad wrote:

Does the PenFed card have redemption limitations?

You can redeem in $5 increments.

Message 48 of 139
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@CommanderLexa wrote:
Objectively, it appears to be the best flat earning cashback card (2% rewards, no minimum redemption, potential for credit limit growth).

This is wonderful news for all of us!  If PayPal can break Citi's de facto monopoly on the 2% cashback market, then we will see other banks start to offer similar 2% cashback cards.  Chase, Capital One, NFCU, and Bank of America will have to upgrade their 1.5% cashback cards to 2%, and Amex will have to seriously consider entering the flat rate market that they have avoided until now.  And 3-2-1 cards will have to be restructured, because nobody will use them for anything other than the 3% bonus categories.

If I am remembering my credit card history right, I think Cap1 may have been the first issuer to offer 2% rewards (pre-Venture) on all purchases back in the late 90s or early 2000s, although they were only for redeemable at the full 2% for travel at the time...I agree it would be nice to see other 2% cashback cc issuers...

ETA:  corrections

Message 49 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called RECON line....ummmmm.....NO!!     I called RECON and asked why I have a SL of $300.  He verified a few things told me it was a SP to reconsider.  Then asked me how much I was asking for....I said $10k thinking they may come back with $5k.....he came back and said ummmmmmm....NO.....we will send you a letter, is there anything else I can help you with?

Message 50 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.