Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

So I called Paypal Customer Support and the robo-lady eventually gave me my balance details for the Mastercard. I hit 0 to try and talk to a real person and while waiting, I clicked to return to my account summary and it was present again so I hung up.. If it happens again then I'll call back and make sure to talk to a real person. I think there me be a few glitches in there system with the public launch.

Message 71 of 139
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I have been getting the email for a while on the card. I like it but not enough for an inq. The redemption and point come quickly, no month of waiting either. I am sure the holidays will bring sales and co-marketing with retailers this year.
Message 72 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied and got a $7200 SL.  The card immediately showed up in my paypal account!

Message 73 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not seen a reply yet about PC'g from the Extras version. I am chatting with CS now and will report my results. I really hate to call, as calling has always been a terrible expereince. hmm, is there an alterrnative number anyone knows about if this chat goes south?

Message 74 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to my chat agent, the 3-2-1 card cannot be changed to the Cashback card. 

"the system will not allow you to change the Extras Master card to the 2% cash back card." 

On to step 2. 

Message 75 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called RECON line....ummmmm.....NO!!     I called RECON and asked why I have a SL of $300.  He verified a few things told me it was a SP to reconsider.  Then asked me how much I was asking for....I said $10k thinking they may come back with $5k.....he came back and said ummmmmmm....NO.....we will send you a letter, is there anything else I can help you with?

LOL trying not to laugh...i hate those responses Smiley Mad LOL

Message 76 of 139
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied and got a $7200 SL.  The card immediately showed up in my paypal account!

Congrats on the approval. What's your TU score if you don't mind me asking?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 77 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've not seen a reply yet about PC'g from the Extras version. I am chatting with CS now and will report my results. I really hate to call, as calling has always been a terrible expereince. hmm, is there an alterrnative number anyone knows about if this chat goes south?

They always reply fast and with actual helpful answers over Facebook Messenger.

Message 78 of 139
TaterDawg
New Contributor

Against my better judgement, I applied last night and also got the message to call in.  Just called a few minutes ago, confirmed my address and phone number, then put on hold for about two minutes.  She came back and it was Congratulations! You've been approved for $8,000, which kind of shocked me.

My TU is currently 745 with 8 HP showing.

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 79 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@TaterDawg wrote:

Against my better judgement, I applied last night and also got the message to call in.  Just called a few minutes ago, confirmed my address and phone number, then put on hold for about two minutes.  She came back and it was Congratulations! You've been approved for $8,000, which kind of shocked me.

My TU is currently 745 with 8 HP showing.

Congrats!! That's a nice limit. I got approved Wednesday and the card already reported today on Experian.

Message 80 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.