Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

@TaterDawg wrote:

Against my better judgement, I applied last night and also got the message to call in.  Just called a few minutes ago, confirmed my address and phone number, then put on hold for about two minutes.  She came back and it was Congratulations! You've been approved for $8,000, which kind of shocked me.

My TU is currently 745 with 8 HP showing.

Congratulations on the approval! And good data point as far as your TU score. It will be interesting to see where the first teir interest rate score threshold falls 720 score and above perhaps fall in that teir.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 81 of 139
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@TaterDawg wrote:

Against my better judgement, I applied last night and also got the message to call in.  Just called a few minutes ago, confirmed my address and phone number, then put on hold for about two minutes.  She came back and it was Congratulations! You've been approved for $8,000, which kind of shocked me.

Congratulations on the approval! And good data point as far as your TU score. It will be interesting to see where the first teir interest rate score threshold falls 720 score and above perhaps fall in that teir.

I was approved 7/2 back when it was invite only, $7k CL & tier 1 16.99% APR. My TU Fico was right at 720 then.

Message 82 of 139
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@TaterDawg wrote:

I was approved 7/2 back when it was invite only, $7k CL & tier 1 16.99% APR. My TU Fico was right at 720 then.

Thanks..Nice data point DaveinAZ. Looks like that's the threshold. Let's see a few more approvals with similar profiles for more confirmation on this

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 83 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved with 644 transunion.

Message 84 of 139
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

What's the highest SL anybody has seen; seems like 7-8K has been the max.   I talked with Ebay MC rep earlier and they are not sure if these cards will transition into the  2% card..........anybody have any additional information.   My CL has been stuck @ 7.5K and when I ask for CLI they say I am at their max for this card..........have numerous cards over 25K

Message 85 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showed up on my Experian report today as SYNCB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC. Has it showed up for anyone yet and did it show up as the extras mc?

Message 86 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently for NOW Synch considers Ebay Mc , Paypal Mc , Paypal cash back Mc as same product with different names and rewards which is kind of stupid if you ask me. So all of them report to credit bureau as Synch paypal extrasmc and you can only have any one of these. I closed my ebay extras in aug. So apparently i cannot get paypal cash back until after 12 months :/.  ( synch policy- you cannot apply for the same product for another 12 months even though they are clearly different products in my eyes) .Oh well. I have both double cash and bilspay. 

Message 87 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kamina
Mine showd up on all 3 EX and TU as SYNCH PAYPAL EXTRA MC.
Message 88 of 139
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@DeepKC
I don't think you have to wait 12 months. I believe that's only the case if Synchrony closed the account.
Message 89 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some datapoints if anyone is interested.

I logged into my paypal account this morning, and I noticed that my full credit limit was available and my card hasn't even arrived yet.

Also, tried for a CLI via chat but it was a no-go. I'll try again after 3-4 statements seeing as how that worked for Marvel and Amazon.

Message 90 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.