Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

There is an option to apply directly now. The card has been renamed to the Paypal Cashback Mastercard (Paypal Extras Mastercard still is available) and there is no mention of the inferior Platinum version, so if approved even for a small amount seems it will be a 2% card.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card/2-percent-cash-back-mastercard

Message 1 of 139
138 REPLIES 138
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Now Publicly Available

Hey Guys! This card is open for everyone now. I just got approved for it though I should let you guys know.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypal-2-cashback-mastercard-now-publicly-available/

Message 2 of 139
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Mastercard now publicly available

Thanks for sharing! May we let the new flavor of the month commenceSmiley Wink ? Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 139
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard Now Publicly Available

I thought I was done with getting new credit cards, but this one I could use. I need to unfreeze my reports, though. Anybody know who they pull? Since it's Synchrony, I will assume TU unless I learn otherwise.

Message 4 of 139
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I thought I was done with getting new credit cards, but this one I could use. I need to unfreeze my reports, though. Anybody know who they pull? Since it's Synchrony, I will assume TU unless I learn otherwise.

It was TU for me!

Message 5 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gunnar419 wrote:

When I got mine, it was TU. 

Message 6 of 139
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

The attention is on the 2% flat rate earnings.  What about the redemptions?  Will there be a minimum amount?  How fast will the earnings post?  Citi Double Cash has two negatives:  the 1+1% which delays the posting of half the earnings and the $25 minimum redemption.  If PayPal can improve on these, they could clean Citi's clock!

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 139
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

The attention is on the 2% flat rate earnings.  What about the redemptions?  Will there be a minimum amount?  How fast will the earnings post?  Citi Double Cash has two negatives:  the 1+1% which delays the posting of half the earnings and the $25 minimum redemption.  If PayPal can improve on these, they could clean Citi's clock!

Yes there is a minimum amount, you must redeem at least 1 point, which is worth 1 cent.

payredeem.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 139
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

No minimum redemption.  The rewards post to your account when the statement closes.  From there, you can transfer the amount to your PayPal balance.  Once it's in your PayPal balance, it can be used like any other money (e.g., make payments, transfer to external bank account, pay for goods/services, etc).

Because it is also Synchrony Bank, the credit limit has the potential to grow.  Objectively, it appears to be the best flat earning cashback card (2% rewards, no minimum redemption, potential for credit limit growth).

Message 9 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, thanks for the link! Does anyone know if you can now have PayPal Credit and the PayPal Mastercard? Or is it still one or the other? 

Message 10 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.