Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal BML and Extras MC/Smart Connect - You can't have both

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal BML and Extras MC/Smart Connect - You can't have both

The last time I applied for Comenity Bill Me Later was in July, came with an EQ score of 678. Denied for excessive inquiries, too few premium bank cards and no experience managing debt. 

I thought that the bill me later thing was pretty easy to obtain. 

Message 11 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
I have ebay mc and have tried twice for paypay/ bill me later from comenity and they wont approve. One time they pulled tu and the eq the next. I created different emails and tried, cant get it.

When did you last try apping for PayPal BML?  For me, they pulled EQ.  Then again, this is before they made all these website changes which I can hardly find things that were easier to update in the old website (i.e. Classic), but that's just me.

So, I think some indviduals may be able to get all 3 but just not sure of any restricitions they may have put in place.  Below are my SYNCB "twins" and the PayPal Credit/BML accounts.  As far as sub-payment methods, only one of them is linked to the Debit MC while BML is linked to the PayPal "Store" card.

____

I hate the new website, the old one is so much better!  FYI if equifax for whatever reason is unavailable they will pull TU as well.  Although I had EQ available when I got my BML.

Message 12 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My new PayPal Extras with EMV came in the mail the other day and holy smack it is FUGLY!!  The blue card was pretty nice looking, but the new one is WHITE and it looks awful.  I went straight to the "customize your card" link only to find that it's no longer available to be customized.  What were they thinking???  Maybe they shouldn't, but the bottom line is that asthetics DO matter and the new PayPal Extras MC got beat sensless with the biggest ugly stick known to man.

I can't seem to find a photo of it anywhere online and that's probably better for everyone....

Message 13 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

OK, there's a picture of it here:  https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card

Look at your own risk.  You've been warned...

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are multiple people who have PP Credit and PP credit cards. Recently, there have been some changes with PP. If I remember correctly, they have separated theselves from eBay. Is there any particular reason why you need more than one PP account?

Message 15 of 18
jim44
Established Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

There are multiple people who have PP Credit and PP credit cards. Recently, there have been some changes with PP. If I remember correctly, they have separated theselves from eBay. Is there any particular reason why you need more than one PP account?

I read about this too, where eBay is no longer associated with PayPal. My BML acct survived my CH7 for whatever reason and was until Comedity took over backed by Webbank I believe.  As soon as BML was rebranded as PayPal credit they raised my CL by 1K without a request. 

Message 16 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Not sure why anymore other than probably a legacy system that hasn't been updated...  Also they are still kinda one company, but legally two... Be awhile until they completly split apart if ever.  Don't know the whole detail of the split, just know Ichman was partially behind it and read a few things here and there about it.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was informed by Paypal that in order to have both BML and Extras MC or Smart Connect, you just needed to open two accounts. I opened a second account and applied for the extras mc. then get the following message,  "Social Security Number: This SSN is already attached to a PayPal account. Please login to that account to complete the application." After finally speaking with a supervisor at Paypal, she informed me that you can only have one form of paypal credit under a SSN. I wanted to post this because there seems to be alot of bad info on this issue

I got the PP Smart Connect last week ( was apping for PP MC.) I was told that I can't have both PPMC & PP SC but that they do offer upgrades to the MC at intervals & that if I wanted to re app for the ppmc I would have to close out the pp smart connect.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.