Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Bill Me Later

tag
ednajen
New Contributor

Re: Paypal Bill Me Later

I have this credit line as well...  It's pretty good for me as I like to shop online.  Also they have Cashback, most of the time it doesn't go beyond 3-5% on purchases but it's better than nothing. The 6 month no interest/no payments deal is a huge plus for me. 

When you buy things from places such as Walmart, they give you an option to have no payments and no interest for 6mos (usually your cart has to be $250 or more).    As another poster said, if you keep up with what balances you owe on promotions you should be fine...if you miss your promotion payoff date they will backcharge you the interest that you would have accrued..had you not had the promotion.

Since it doesn't report, I would only get this for the 6mo no interest/payment deals and the cashback. 

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Message 21 of 35
learnin113
Established Contributor

Have it and love it.  6 month interest free offers and since it doesnt report, I never have to worry about UTI from this account.  It's my most used acount next to Amex.

Message 22 of 35
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Is it webbank or GE?  Cause I got softed by gecrb/paypal and then got the offer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 23 of 35
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Is it webbank or GE?  Cause I got softed by gecrb/paypal and then got the offer.

Even though it's linked to Paypal (GE).  I dont think its GE.  If I remember correctly the inquiry was in fact from Web Bank.

Message 24 of 35
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Even though it's linked to Paypal (GE).  I dont think its GE.  If I remember correctly the inquiry was in fact from Web Bank.

"Bill Me Later® is an open-end credit plan offered by WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah ("the Lender")."

Message 25 of 35
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I've had BML for more than two years ago and use it fairly often for the 6 month no interest for larger purchases.  It is an accepted payment for BookIt and I have booked a couple of last minute vacations out of the country and had it billed to my BML account.  I love being able to pay for those vacations over 6 months instead of a couple of weeks prior to travel.  I have also used it to buy a camera, a laptop, an exercise bike and clothing/shoes.  There are a lot of different stores that accept BML and they are listed on their website - anything from travel to electronics to clothing to flowers and more. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 26 of 35
Objectivist
Valued Member

They put an inquiry on Equifax for me. 

Message 27 of 35
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my BML a bit more than a year. At the time my scores were in the low 600s; they haven't had a big increase this year since I have a lot of INQs that will start to die off in May 2013. The only baddie I have on my CR is a medical collection $116 that my mom said she'd take care of and never did, and it was the first time i was being "an adult", so the bill was in My name. Paid it off in 2007, so I'm waiting for it die off in about 1 1/2 years.

Cool thanks for the info!!!

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 28 of 35
CS800
Super Contributor

@AvaMommy wrote:

Seems like many has received this offer! I got an email today stating I was pre-approved. Guess the holidays are approaching quicker than expected!

Dont know yet if I am gping to app for it though....

oooh no you didn't !!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 35
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

Seems like many has received this offer! I got an email today stating I was pre-approved. Guess the holidays are approaching quicker than expected!

Dont know yet if I am gping to app for it though....

oooh no you didn't !!!!! Smiley Happy

I know I know...I have been app free for almost a month! I think I have been "good"! I dont plan on it because I would have jumped on it by now....but with the holidays coming it sure would be nice to defer payments till next yr....lol

I feel bad for thinking it! Smiley Surprised( shame on me...lol

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.