Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal CC

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Paypal CC

What is with the paypal credit card? Is it a good card? Good credit limits? I am asking bc everything I log into paypal I get asked 20 times do I want to apply and now they are sending me emails asking me to apply. My goal for 2012 was no new apps but just wondering if people like it or not?

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal CC

i have the smartconnect card which is an online credit line... i love it since im a big ebay buyer. but if you don't use paypal that much i wouldn't bother. If you dont qualify for the mastercard they'll automatically try for the smartconnect which you might not need.

Its a typical GE card... high interest.... no annual fee's... but its just tied to paypal. one of my pet peeves is how they process payments, example; i made a payment yesterday. they took it out of my bank account the next day because paypal is incredibly fast when taking money out but NEVER when putting it in... long story short, the payment is still processing on my paypal account but already out of my bank account... and it usually takes 5 days to credit the credit card.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 29
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I got one just over four months ago with a $1000 CL and just got an auto-CLI to $4400.  I'm satisfied.  It does take a while for payments to post, but the good thing is that they are clearly aware of these delays and will automatically credit any late fees it generates (according to their web site).  Even needing a policy like that seems a bit odd, but having dealt with PayPal and GEMB for a number of years I'm comfortable with it.  The extended warranty and price protection benefits are nice, too.

Message 3 of 29
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

You guys are referring to the smartconnect?  I hve this too, BUT when I make my payment, it automatically reflects in my credit limit.  i.e. that same minute I hit the pay button.. not even waiting to take it out of my bank account.  I think it days a day to be taken from my bank account though...

You went from 1k to 4400 in 4 months?  did you initiate this?  where is the increase spending power button?  i'm not seeing it on mine but have only had it for a couple months.  is it a hard pull?  i link mine up to the debit card and get 1$ cash back...

Message 4 of 29
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Like the others i noticed it takes a bit for the payment to post too. I just got mine, made a purchase then immediately paid the balance, but it reported immediately thereafter with that small balance (less than 1%) but my problem was, I was going to use ANOTHER card to report a balance on, so I have to be sure I don't do that with that card now. Just luck of the draw with that.

GE has been good to me, so far, approved me for a couple of their products and I hear they are very good with CLIs (unlike another company which shall remain nameless to protect the guilty....) so I have no complaints. I think you will find they are good to deal with.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 5 of 29
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I also have PP Smart Connect.   I did not qualify for MC.     CL started out $800, asked for CLI at about 10 months age and got $2000 CLI.  

For Novermer and December, they have 6 months deferred interest on purchases over $199.    No interest if paid within six months (be careful or ouch).   I don't know if they offer these deals to PPMC holders, if not I would rather keep the PPSC.

You can not pay frequently, I think you have to wait a week before scheduling the next payment.  

Message 6 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I applied last month thinking I would get the Smart Connect Card as I had that back when they released around 2005, but I was instantly approved for the MC version which is actually really good rewards 3x gas, 2x eating out, 1x everything else.... Plus I shop on E-Bay a ton! I hope I see the huge CLI at 4 months!!!

With scores in the high 700 I would assume you would get MC version and I would assume a nice CL but sometimes GE is weird and you will see the CLI grow fast after a blah opening line.

Message 7 of 29
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I applied last month thinking I would get the Smart Connect Card as I had that back when they released around 2005, but I was instantly approved for the MC version which is actually really good rewards 3x gas, 2x eating out, 1x everything else.... Plus I shop on E-Bay a ton! I hope I see the huge CLI at 4 months!!!

With scores in the high 700 I would assume you would get MC version and I would assume a nice CL but sometimes GE is weird and you will see the CLI grow fast after a blah opening line.

Good job getting that Creditaddict.

I agree. I have mid 700s and they approved me instantly with a 3k starting limit.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 29
-Furbz-
Contributor

So where does one fnd the luv button for PayPal?
Message 9 of 29
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

You guys are referring to the smartconnect?  I hve this too, BUT when I make my payment, it automatically reflects in my credit limit.  i.e. that same minute I hit the pay button.. not even waiting to take it out of my bank account.  I think it days a day to be taken from my bank account though...

You went from 1k to 4400 in 4 months?  did you initiate this?  where is the increase spending power button?  i'm not seeing it on mine but have only had it for a couple months.  is it a hard pull?  i link mine up to the debit card and get 1$ cash back...

No, I have the PayPal Credit Card ("PayPal Extras MasterCard").

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.