Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal CLI

tag
IslandSoul
Established Member

Paypal CLI

I have had Bill me Later/Paypal CLi for about 6 months now. I tired obtianing a CLI and it declined but when I received the letter in the mail it provided my credit score and date and the date listed was from when my account was first issued 08/2014. Should I call them? If they do need a new score will that require a HP. I  think CLI are SP only but does a SP not come with your current score?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal CLI

If referring to Paypal Credit formerly BillMeLater, they don't accept CLI requests from account holders, CL is determined by purchase history, etc

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 5
Berk
Established Contributor

@IslandSoul wrote:

I have had Bill me Later/Paypal CLi for about 6 months now. I tired obtianing a CLI and it declined but when I received the letter in the mail it provided my credit score and date and the date listed was from when my account was first issued 08/2014. Should I call them? If they do need a new score will that require a HP. I  think CLI are SP only but does a SP not come with your current score?

Thanks

From what I understand, PayPal Credit works a lot like flexible spending. They give you an initial credit line and then will increase it if you don't have enough to cover the purchase and they like your CR. They do not report to the CBs so it does not hurt your utilization. In fact, it has no impact on your credit score unless you let it default. I may be wrong - PayPal may have started reporting but I don't think so.

I have had PayPal Credit since Bill Me Later first came out. I have only ever gotten Auto CLIs and I never come close to using the whole line anyway.

Message 3 of 5
IslandSoul
Established Member

@score_building wrote:

If referring to Paypal Credit formerly BillMeLater, they don't accept CLI requests from account holders, CL is determined by purchase history, etc

That is how i attempted to get the CLI. It iniates a SP and it can be denied. which happened in my case. I've alwasy paid more than minimum due and well before due date. matter of fact i PIF on anthing that isnt in promotional period to avoid intereset.  i'm guessing maybe its because I've only had it for 6 months

The fact that the denial letter provided an older scredit score was more so my concern. If they are using that to determine the reason for denial should it be accurate info?

Message 4 of 5
abbafan
Regular Contributor

@IslandSoul wrote:

Thanks

My brother was approvied for PayPal Credit with $500 cl in December. Some time in the beginning of January, we made a purchase of $212 with the 6-months-no-interest thing. A few days after that I made a payment of $70 bringing the balance down roughly to $150. Last week I tried to make another purchase, this time for the amount of $793 and it went through. So the credit line is now $793.

Discover IT $15500, Barclay Rewards $12380, Barclay Ring $13000, Cap1 Savor $7250, Chase Freedom Unlimited $9000, Best Buy Visa $12000 , Bethpage Low Rate MC - $9000, Bethpage LOC - $15000, CITI Double Cash - $21000
EQ 783
TU 798
EX 767
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.