Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal CLI

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Paypal CLI

Does Synchrony Bank give out CLIs on Paypal master card like they do on Lowes card? When I was approved for Lowes they approved me for 2K and I called in and ask for a CLI of 30K and they gave it to me with no problem. Are they the same way with the Paypal mastercard?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal CLI

@tbea1004 wrote:

Does Synchrony Bank give out CLIs on Paypal master card like they do on Lowes card? When I was approved for Lowes they approved me for 2K and I called in and ask for a CLI of 30K and they gave it to me with no problem. Are they the same way with the Paypal mastercard?

No. Not a chance. only certain cards like that. Just got my walmart to 10k. But my paypal is only 3k. i called. Cli denied.Basically with store cards. who will spend 30k in a store. unless you are building a house? even in walmart.Who will spend 10k. But mastercard of any type. This will be easy to do. Hence harder to get cli's

Message 2 of 5
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@tbea1004 wrote:

No. Not a chance. only certain cards like that. Just got my walmart to 10k. But my paypal is only 3k. i called. Cli denied.Basically with store cards. who will spend 30k in a store. unless you are building a house? even in walmart.Who will spend 10k. But mastercard of any type. This will be easy to do. Hence harder to get cli's

Thanks for advice.....

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tbea1004 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@tbea1004 wrote:

Thanks for advice.....

OP - they PayPal MC can grow to CLs in the $25K-$30K range.  They could place a bit more scrutiny if you have another of their cards within that CL range but not necessarily a major hurdle.  If your income supports it and you need the CLI for extra purchasing power, call the Credit Solutions team to request the CLI.   Not many folks appear to gain good results from the automated system.  Much like Lowes, ask for a CLI and aim for something adequate for your needs.

Message 4 of 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I don't know if you can do it immediately, but they will give CLIs if you call them, although sometimes you do need to talk their credit analyst team.  I had my account for 3 months when I got my first increase, which they did automatically.  I then asked them later for an increase and was given one.  Then they increased it again on their own.  I did call one more time and tried to get an increase with their special department and was denied.  I guess my report at that point was not good enough, but it really didn't matter too much to me since I have a $9,600 limit and the card only gets used for restaurants.  It really is about the only thing that the card can be used for, well for me and the other cards I have.  I use other cards such as Discover for restaurants when it is the right quarter for it. 

I think they like to see usage and PIF for quick increases.  I think that is how they decided to give me my first increase.  I used for a few purchases and then PIF'd it and bam they tripled my limit. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.