Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF

----

now that paypal cashback mc just announced that they will forego ftf, how do you guys feel about this card now?

i was looking for a 2% card (decided to just use blispay for >$199 purchases. i slipped up and got charge a purchase interest fee about 5 months ago while i was enjoying my vacation. i know. smh). penfed was at the top of my list but with this news from paypal, i'm highly considering it now. only worry is i haven't keep up with synchrony 'news' - CLD and stuff (i don't have a single card with them). also, how synchrony reacts when one uses their card abroad. do they even have one with no ftf in their lineup?

anyway here are 'pros':

2% on everything
no af
no ftf *starting next month
no minimum threshold for easy redemption

cons:
it's paypal AND synchrony?!?

care to share some thoughts? thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES 15
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF

I have it and it’s my favorite so far. 

Message 2 of 16
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I rejoice whenever I hear of a credit card eliminating foreign transaction fees.  I wish they would all do so.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is good news, indeed!  Smiley Very Happy

Synchrony removed the FTF from the Sam's Club MasterCard last February (2016) so the Paypal MasterCard isn't breaking new ground in that regard, but it's still a very welcome change.  Smiley Very Happy

Sam's Club MasterCard FTF thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Sam-s-Club-MC-no-FTF-after-3-1-16/td-p/4468134

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Good deal for sure for those with the card.. They are doing everything to win people over for this card!

Message 5 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Too bad Synchrony wont let you PC your Paypal Extra MC to the Cashback card.  Sigh

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay! bf has this card as his 2nd card and loves it!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

An Important Benefits Update for Your PayPal Cashback Mastercard

Good news! We are making a change to the benefits on your PayPal Cashback Mastercard. Effective for transactions made on or after October 31, 2017, we will no longer charge any Foreign Transaction Fees to your credit card account. What does this mean for you? You will be able to use your PayPal Cashback Mastercard anywhere in the world that Mastercard is accepted without having to pay an additional fee starting on October 31, 2017.

Just got that email today. I hope this is the right section. Another good reason for you to apply for this card if you don't have it Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

That's very good news...defnitely sweetens the deal.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Cashback Mastercard 2% - No more FTF CreditCuriousity

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Good deal for sure for those with the card.. They are doing everything to win people over for this card!

@Meanmchine wrote:

Too bad Synchrony wont let you PC your Paypal Extra MC to the Cashback card.  Sigh

I read CC's comment, and thought the EXACT same thing Meanmchine....

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.