Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Credit Card

Is the paypal credit card worth the hard pull? 

Who do they usually pull?
I am thinking of applying since it is always popping up. I do a lot of shopping and paying with paypal. I also sell online and get payments made to my paypal account. Can you pay the card with money in your paypal account?
I really am trying to stay in the garden but I keep thinking about the 2 percent I could be missing on my paypal purchases.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Credit Card

wrote:

Is the paypal credit card worth the hard pull? 

Who do they usually pull?
I am thinking of applying since it is always popping up. I do a lot of shopping and paying with paypal. I also sell online and get payments made to my paypal acount. Can you pay the card with money in your paypal account?
I really am trying to stay in the garden but I keep thinking about the 2 percent I could be missing on my paypal purchases.

Depends which one. There are 2 Paypal Credit Card.

The 2% CB MasterCard by Synchrony Bank

The Paypal Credit by Commenity Bank

They pull TU

I don't know if you can pay using money in your PP account. I just recently got approved 3 weeks ago, don't have my first statement yet.

Message 2 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There are a few versions for PayPal Credit accounts:

PayPal Credit (f/k/a BillMeLater) - currently issued by Comenity but transitioning to Synchrony by the later part of 2018. EQ pull.

PayPal Extras / PayPal 2% Cashback MC - Synchrony. Primarily TU, alternate EX

EBay MC - Synchrony. Primarily TU, alternate EX

Which product were you interested so that folks can provide you better guidance.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know my Paypal extras MC pulled TU and can pay directly from paypal account.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ finstar I am interested in the one that does the 2 percent cashbackSmiley Happy 

@ chhickenfoot that is good to know as I always have money in there from my online business. And seems it would be easier to pay that way

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I am interested in the one that does the 2 percent cashbackSmiley Happy 

How's your TU score? If you have a good TU score I say go for it..

I was surprised to get in with SL 6K.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im torn. I would love the 2 percent cashback. I prefer to pay with paypal when I can ( mostly because I have funds there ). But on the other hand I am trying to grow my AAOA and loose some hard pulls. My last card was June I think. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

My TU last time I checked I think was a 744 Fico ( from my discover and amazon card scores they give )

credit karma was a 777 just now.

Message 8 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

My TU last time I checked I think was a 744 Fico ( from my discover and amazon card scores they give )

credit karma was a 777 just now.

You're good with that TU Fico, I was approved for $7k starting CL in July, my TU Fico was around 720 then.

You can pay it with PP cash balance, in fact the only way you can pay it is with PP Balance or bank accounts you have linked in on PayPal. Likewise, the only way you can access your PP Cashback Mastercard is from within PayPal. If for whatever reason your PayPal is ever closed, Synchrony will close your PP Cashback MC.

Another interesting feature is that you can set your Cashback MC as backup funding for your PayPal Debit card instead of a bank account. That way you can actually earn 3% rewards - 1% for pinless debit charge on your PP Debit card, +2% from PP Cashback MC as the backup funding. But, if you have a PP balance the Debit card will always use that first.

Message 9 of 15
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I think it's worth the HP. It's 2% with no annual fee. Plus Synchrony does CLIs with soft pulls.
You could also go with Citi DC. Pretty much the same 2% back deal with maybe a few different card benefits.
I have both only because the DC is in my wife's name, but I'd probably choose the DC too if we didn't have either.
I don't like not having full mobile access with the PayPal card. The PayPal app is very limited for this card and only shows your card's current balance. That's it. Absolutely no detailed activity or any other features.
IMO, if you have the option to choose, I'd say go with Citi DC. But if you don't want a Citi card, the PayPal MC isn't bad at all. I'm just comparing because I have both.

Edit: If mobile pay is important,  you can't add the PayPal MC to Apple Pay. It's not supported.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.