Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit - - Increase?

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit - - Increase?

James I think you're refering to the MC

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Chickenpotpie wrote:

Hopefully this is in the right category. I logged into paypal credit this morning to see i a payment went through, and saw they did an CLI of 1K.  I remember they had did something similar  last year for accounts in good standing, so wanted to know if everyone else who has Paypal Credit if they noticed an increase too.

Maybe this will end up being a yearly thing?

called the number on the back of the card yesterday, asked for 10k, was countered with 7500, took it, nice jump from 6k where its been for a while, I think the max balance i ever had on it was about a $1000. 

Well, I believe the OP is referring to PayPayl Credit (pka BillMeLater), not the PayPal Extras MC.  Are you referring to PayPal Credit since AFAIK you can't really call them and request a CLI.

Has to be since there is no "card" for Paypal Credit.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved $1,000 increase after 7 months. 

Message 13 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

592 limit never offered increase as yet, account nearly a year old. Not sure if i will ever see one Smiley Sad .
Hidden though so no complaints! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

In December I went a little crazy and bought a few thousand dollars worth of stuff using my Paypal Credit because they were having a 12 and 24-month 0% interest promo on all purchases. Several of my tail-end purchases ($200-$300 each) made my balance exceed the available "limits" at the time, but every time the purchases were approved. This probably happened 3 or 4 times. When it was all said and done, Paypal gave me an unsolicited auto-CLI of like another $3K to bring my "limit" to $6500.

I can't remember how long I've had Paypal Credit/Bill Me Later, but it's probably been as long as they've been around. Point is, up until maybe 2 years ago though, I never received a single CLI from them, and my transactions were always denied if the amounts exceeded my available limit. During this time though, my FICOs were always sub-700. Once my scores reached the 730-750 range late last year is when they finally started showing me love.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used PayPal in a while. This thread got me I looking. I must of been given a $500 cli. When?  I don't know. I'm at 1k now. 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar encounter three days ago.  I've had the account for about three years, use it for ebay purchases mainly.  Two weeks ago I purchased a set of tires with it and almost maxed it out.  I pif'ed and was gonna close the account.  I logged in to see if the payment went through and saw a $1k cli.  I think I'll keep it open for a little while longer.  

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
592 limit never offered increase as yet, account nearly a year old. Not sure if i will ever see one Smiley Sad .
Hidden though so no complaints! Smiley Happy

How much do you spend on average each month on it? Do you PIF most of the time?

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I pif'ed and was gonna close the account...I think I'll keep it open for a little while longer.  

Why do you want to close the account? It doesn't affect your credit unless you default on the loan. 6 months no interest is quite beneficial.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Frizclotz: For me it is a case of monitoring my accounts.  with the paypal credit line being a hidden TL which is a great thing, I tend to focus on my other lines more.  I didn't monitor it like my other TLs and more than once, I failed to pay off the promos on time and ended up paying interest. Nothing really significant, but enough to make me reaccess the situation.  I was recently approved for a Blispay account and if it is truly hidden. It would make my PayPal Credit account obsolete as it will do same as paypal credit with an extra 2% on purchases.  CL $6k for Blispay versus $2.78 for PayPal.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.