Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit - - Increase?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit - - Increase?

Hi Frizclotz, i was basically using it for a couple of purchases and was making monthly payments on it. I believe my original sl was like 562 but then one day i baught like $400 worth of clothes which passed my original sl and was approved pushing my new limit to 592. However when i got approved for my Penfed loan i decided to pay it off completely but havent used it since. I now want to treat it if i buy something to pif if i can. Not sure what would be best meyhos to increase it but in the end its still not bad since most of my purchases are never huge anywaySmiley Happy

Also sorry on my s5 and not sure how to answer directly to a comment. Even though it says add coment in each box of comments always enters last comment madeSmiley Sad Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ Frizclotz: For me it is a case of monitoring my accounts.  with the paypal credit line being a hidden TL which is a great thing, I tend to focus on my other lines more.  I didn't monitor it like my other TLs and more than once, I failed to pay off the promos on time and ended up paying interest. Nothing really significant, but enough to make me reaccess the situation.  I was recently approved for a Blispay account and if it is truly hidden. It would make my PayPal Credit account obsolete as it will do same as paypal credit with an extra 2% on purchases.  CL $6k for Blispay versus $2.78 for PayPal.

If unable or unwilling to monitor, then closing works, otherwise even if Blispay starts as a HTL there's no guarantee it will remain one. Whereas Paypal Credit reporting may change too, it has a track record as a HTL...maintaining diversity, and sorta not putting all the eggs in one basket, can be prudent...find them both useful in different ways--yet, don't mind some feature overlap, since either product could change in the short or long-term.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this thread I looked up my PayPal and they had gave me a 1000 auto cli
Message 23 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi everyone curiousity got the best of me after reading this and some other recent posts about paypal credit , so just checked mine and YES!! I just recieved my 1st increase, $1000. Nice and thanks to reading various posts on opinions about hidden tradelines im going to treat myself to a nice pair of Beats that ive been wanting, so this way i keep my util down( but plan on paying off as fast as possibleSmiley Happy . Thanks as well to Murph2k, your last post also inspired me to drag my eyes away from this site a momentSmiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 27
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Lol, congrats on your increase. These threads are always helping someone.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 25 of 27
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I was referring to PPC and not the card.

Listen, I know that they're may not be a "trend" so to speak, however, if they're doing what it appears they're doing, giving love every 6-12 months, why is it such a bad thing to ask about it?  Auto Love is a good thing IMO and I know I'm not the only one that experienced such.

I like PPC  though I don't really use it much (can't use it much now considering I'm on my way to closing on a house!) but it comes in very handy with the 6 month interest free.

For those that checked and reported, thanks.  Its confirming what I think may be happening.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that they auto CLI because they wanted to persuade me to spend since they did raised the limit in November, just a month before the holidays. PPC are always trying to persuade their customers to use their line of credit. I often get emails from them in this regard.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.