Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit?

tag
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

just got approved for $600 on paypal credit? I would like to hear any experiences you guys have with it. 

Cap One Quicksilver - $2000

Cap One Plat - $900 

Kohls - $300

Kays - $400

Walmart - $400

Amazon - $800

Paypal - $600

Paypal credit is nice, and mine started out at $1200 and for the longest time they wouldnt give me an increase. Then they increased it to 4K and its very easy to max it out without really thinking. 

Im going to close mine, too much of a temptation and I wish they never gave me that increase.... lol 

Nice to have a decent sized hidden TL but man.... so easy to say "oh its ok its hidden" .  I now know where my $1400 tax refund is going! 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to apply for PPC. My current score is 610 EQ. Can anybody she'd some light as to what initial credit scores got them approved. Thanks and best of luck to all Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 38
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

I shop on eBay all the time so I love PayPal credit. There are some "quirks" but once you know them it's a great account.
Some stuff:
1) if you don't want to default to your checking account make sure you have that designated or remove your checking account. PayPal can be finicky so sometimes it might charge your checking rather than the credit
2) some people get credit line increases automatically. I never have but I've gone over a few times and it's usually always approved. Once you go over that's your new limit. So even if what you bought gets cancelled or returned you keep the new limit.
3) don't pay your bill the day the statement generates. I have a tendency to do that and twice the payment didn't register as made under the right period (confusing to explain) so it would be like I still Owed the same amount.I ended up having to call customer service and they cancel the payment and then I could redo it the next day. I really like their customer service people
Message 33 of 38
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Doctorm:
I was preapproved for PayPal credit the day after my ch 13 bk was discharged so I think it is pretty easy to be approved but I also know my credit score was around 650
Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I think I oughta wait a bit just to be sure I get approved. Wouldn't want an enquiry for nothing.
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was jusrt approved for $4550 ( i think lol) and just put a 1400 macbook on it at 0% for 6 months. cant beat it. I got it cuz of the hidden tradeline. it will be very userfull i think

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have walmart and amazon and still cant get approved for paypal.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've reached maximum exposure with Paypal Credit, I'm at 12,000 right now. I love it, the hidden TL makes it such a great line of credit to fall back on if needed and the 6 months no payments and no interest is just icing on the cake.

I only wish Blispay turned out the same way.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.