Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Debit Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Debit Question?

I was just approved for a Paypal Buyers Credit Account an i read here you can use your debit card like a credit card an have your buyers credit card as back up funds. My question is when you receive your cash back from your debit card how does that work. I purchased something the other day an noticed i received my cash back right away. If i make another purchase with my debit card will my cash back funds be used first before they take the funds from my buyers credit account?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Debit Question?

I use my debit card with a WF checking account as my backup funding.  The cash back generally takes maybe 2-3 days (once the purchase clears) and will be immediatedly credited to your account.  For any additional purchases they will always take your Paypal balance to 0, then debit the remaining from your backup funding source.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:
I use my debit card with a WF checking account as my backup funding.  The cash back generally takes maybe 2-3 days (once the purchase clears) and will be immediatedly credited to your account.  For any additional purchases they will always take your Paypal balance to 0, then debit the remaining from your backup funding source.

Thx so much so i guess it's like your saving on every new purchese you make.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey vonMannstein or anyone else if u use your debit to take out cash from a cash station will it still use your buyers credit as a back up? also is there any extra fees?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey vonMannstein or anyone else if u use your debit to take out cash from a cash station will it still use your buyers credit as a back up? also is there any extra fees?

It is my understanding that "PayPal Buyers Credit" can be used as a "Backup Funding Source" solely for purchases, not for cash.

Your existing "PayPal Balance" will be used first, then your backup source will be tapped, whether that is a bank account or buyers credit.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

txjohn wrote:

It is my understanding that "PayPal Buyers Credit" can be used as a "Backup Funding Source" solely for purchases, not for cash.

Your existing "PayPal Balance" will be used first, then your backup source will be tapped, whether that is a bank account or buyers credit.

Sounds about right just trying to know for sure THX.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.