Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Extras MC & Citi Dividend Platinum Select CLI Results

tag
John02
New Contributor

Paypal Extras MC & Citi Dividend Platinum Select CLI Results

I got approved for both of these cards, the Paypal Extras MC & Citi Dividend Platinum Select back in late May/early June. From what I had read some people got either auto-CLI's or the LUV button popped up after about their 4th statement for the Paypal. I was getting close to that 4th statement from Paypal so was going to try to make a pretty good payment right before then to hopefully improve the odds/amount of a CLI.

Well I logged on today to make my payment and discovered I had just got an auto CLI!! Went from $3k to $6,250!

I am pretty happy about that, but kind of wonder if it would have been even better if I had made my payment in time. Oh well, still happy. Smiley Happy

Then, later I called CITI to see about a SP CLI..they input the request but it came back saying they would have to do a hard pull, which I didn't proceed with. I have already 4 statements with them..should I wait for 6? (or would it be after the 7th so its after 6 months?) Or does it go by actual months since my official account opening day?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Paypal Extras MC & Citi Dividend Platinum Select CLI Results

Congratulations on your Cli. AFAIK, Citi is after 6 mos.
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts and Lexie is correct 6 months with Citi

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
John02
New Contributor

Thanks!

So would that be after the 6th statement cuts? Or do I need to calculate it differently (like if the 1st statement wasn't a full month)?

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 11
John02
New Contributor

Thanks. Would that be 6 months from the first statement closing date, or my original account opening date? My account was opened in late May but the first statement didn't close until late June.

Message 6 of 11
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I'd call GE credit solutions and ask for $10k on the PP.

About 4 months ago, I was auto CLI'd up to $1500, from $1000.  I called, asked for $10k and approved.

Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@John02 wrote:

Thanks. Would that be 6 months from the first statement closing date, or my original account opening date? My account was opened in late May but the first statement didn't close until late June.

To be safe I would wait for the 6th statement to cut.  In my case, I pushed it exactly to 6 months from the date I opened the card and was hit with a HP, no increase.  More recently, I've had success asking customer service to see if I was eligible, and they were able to advise me if a HP was needed or not.  Hnestly though, Citi can go either way, their CLI's are very YMMV.

Message 8 of 11
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

I'd call GE credit solutions and ask for $10k on the PP.

About 4 months ago, I was auto CLI'd up to $1500, from $1000.  I called, asked for $10k and approved.

Wow, that's sweet!  About a month ago I asked for $6000 (was at $3000) and they countered with $5500.  Next request will be $10,000.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!
I got my Paypal MC up to $25,000, then they cut it to $6200 lol which is fine with me, I didn't use it too much.
Citi is HP happy so please be careful!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.