Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Extras MC late payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Extras MC late payment

The first thing I do is set up auto pay on my cards. So, I thought I had done this with my pp extras card. Come to find out, pp doesn't offer auto pay. Paypal calls to notify me that my payments havent been received. My payment was missed on 1/17 and 2/17. I immediately made the payment. I am honestly sick over this. I can't believe I didn't realize this. I have worked so hard to make sure I never have a late payment and now this happens. What, if anything, can I do to get this off my cr?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Paypal Extras MC late payment

@Anonymous wrote:

The first thing I do is set up auto pay on my cards. So, I thought I had done this with my pp extras card. Come to find out, pp doesn't offer auto pay. Paypal calls to notify me that my payments havent been received. My payment was missed on 1/17 and 2/17. I immediately made the payment. I am honestly sick over this. I can't believe I didn't realize this. I have worked so hard to make sure I never have a late payment and now this happens. What, if anything, can I do to get this off my cr?

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  Auto-pay is one of those two-edged swords... once set up correctly it can be a great fail-safe, but if something goes wrong with it and you're not really watching things carefully, this situation can come up.  Smiley Sad

As for your late payments... worst-case scenario (as far as the bureaus go, that is) you'll have one 30 day late report for the 1/17 payment; the 2/17 payment, while late with Synchrony, won't be reported since it's not 30 days yet.

I'm not sure how easy Synchrony is to deal with when it comes to good-will removals... perhaps others will have more insight.  I would also check out the other sections of the board (specifically the 'General Credit Topics' section, and possibly the 'Rebuilders' section) for information specific to good-will late removals, and information on Synchrony in particular.

Good luck... as long as you don't have any other recent negative information, this is likely going to be viewed as merely a 'blip' in the bigger picture.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had the card? I would try to see if they are willing to work with you on removing the late as a goodwill gesture. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, in addition to the above, since SYNCB can be tough as nails from what I've read, yet in the minority of situations they can be flexible, you can ask (depends on the relationship and other factors I'm sure). 

Curiously, though, statements were generated...so, if by mail, were these overlooked?  I have paperless for all SYNCB accounts but also receive email notifications (in addition to checking the accounts periodically).

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a new card. 1/17 was the first payment due. I honestly just overlooked it. I guess I just was so used to auto pay because all my cards are setup that way. I have worked very hard to build my credit and it makes me sick to have let this happen

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I call paypal or sychrony? I have walmart, amazon, and lowes with sychrony. All cards have never been late. Maybe that might help?

Message 6 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would I call paypal or sychrony? I have walmart, amazon, and lowes with sychrony. All cards have never been late. Maybe that might help?

You would definitely call Synchrony since they are the issuer of the account.  It might help if you are a well-established customer, but like was mentioned earlier Synchrony is known for being rigid, so don't be too upset if you don't get far.  While definitely not desirable, a single late payment isn't a disaster by any means.

That being said, the worst they can do if you contact them is say 'no'.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I called several times and finally had good results. On the first call they agreed to refund the late fee for the 2/17 payment only. I called back and explained that I didn't mind paying the late fees and that I was only concerned with the late payment on my cr. I was told there was nothing more they could do to help me. I decided to call one last time and this time I was shocked with the result. I was prepared to beg for mercy but as soon as I explained my concern for the late payment hurting my score, she refunded the 1/17 late fee and assured me this would be updated to cra's. I have learned my lesson and I am so relieved! Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Message 8 of 14
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I called several times and finally had good results. On the first call they agreed to refund the late fee for the 2/17 payment only. I called back and explained that I didn't mind paying the late fees and that I was only concerned with the late payment on my cr. I was told there was nothing more they could do to help me. I decided to call one last time and this time I was shocked with the result. I was prepared to beg for mercy but as soon as I explained my concern for the late payment hurting my score, she refunded the 1/17 late fee and assured me this would be updated to cra's. I have learned my lesson and I am so relieved! Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Glad to know everything worked out for you!! Credit is unforgiving, but in some instances it should...yours is one of them! Happy for you!!!! 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 9 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Happy it worked out for you!  Now with that weight off your shoulders, get out and enjoy the weekend.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.