Paypal Extras Mastercard

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Extras Mastercard

@wacdenney wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! I think you can only have one or the other so they may close the smartconnect.

If the OP opened the PPEXMC under a different PP account (different email) then they will keep both.... PP rule is 1 credit product per PP account (Email).... so the work around is to create multiple PP accounts then you can effectively have all 3 PP credit products ( SC, BML and PPEXMC) 

PayPal TOS allows each person to have one PP business or "premier" account and one PP personal account so you can officially have 2 PP credit products in your name.  It really isn't based on how many email adresses you have. 

I have BML attached to my premier account and PP Extras MC attached to my personal account.

True but dont forget BML is by Comenity ... PP Extras and PPSC is by the same lender those two are one of the same product with SC being a downgraded version because you didnt qualify for the PPMC...

@Anonymous yes they can lol they denied me plenty of times lol.... And my credit is way above there standards lol... as if i would need them ..... all you need to really do is have a recent inquiry and they will deny because like now i qualify but if i apply for soemthing it goes back to being denied...Credit One has the nerve to be inquiry sensitive....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 21 of 35
linux007969
Established Contributor

I may just get all 3 reports from here in a few days. Anyone got a promo code? LOL.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 22 of 35
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

LOL i have never seen a promo code lmao.
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 23 of 35
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! I think you can only have one or the other so they may close the smartconnect.

If the OP opened the PPEXMC under a different PP account (different email) then they will keep both.... PP rule is 1 credit product per PP account (Email).... so the work around is to create multiple PP accounts then you can effectively have all 3 PP credit products ( SC, BML and PPEXMC) 

PayPal TOS allows each person to have one PP business or "premier" account and one PP personal account so you can officially have 2 PP credit products in your name.  It really isn't based on how many email adresses you have. 

I have BML attached to my premier account and PP Extras MC attached to my personal account.

I have 2 premier accounts. Personal accounts have limitations on transfers and the paypal debit card can't be on a personal account.

I speak from experience, as I have all 3 PP credit product each attached to 3 different PP accounts, with only information being different is the email addys.... All three of my PP accounts are Premier and have the PP Debit Card on 2. I've had it this way for few years now, with never as much as a peep from PayPal. 

Message 24 of 35
linux007969
Established Contributor

So today i get emails from Discover Identity Theft, and Experian Protect My ID ( i signed up for my id cuz target offered me it cuz of the hack)

Experian has reported a new account opened in your name.

Alert Date: 4/17/2014
Company: GECRB/PAYPAL EXTRAS MC
Phone: 8663006432
Current Balance: $0

It looks like things are more closer to reality now! Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 35
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Yep its the MC version cheeerss OP good job..
Current Cards

Message 26 of 35
linux007969
Established Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

Thanks! Do you know the maximum exposere amount of credit GE gives out total to each person?

Funny thing, now when i log into my paypal account i used to apply, it instantly offers me to app for the extras mc, so i just keep hitting preceed to account summary to skip it, i hope this goes away after the mc shows up on the paypal account.

once everything is all settled, i play on switching my email addresses around from one account to another so i can better manage the new extras mc.

Message 27 of 35
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

Thanks! Do you know the maximum exposere amount of credit GE gives out total to each person?

Funny thing, now when i log into my paypal account i used to apply, it instantly offers me to app for the extras mc, so i just keep hitting preceed to account summary to skip it, i hope this goes away after the mc shows up on the paypal account.

once everything is all settled, i play on switching my email addresses around from one account to another so i can better manage the new extras mc.

Well GE can be tricky.... I'd just recommend calling every 4 statements ... What i notice alot of people do though is request absurd amounts .....I myself prefer to keep all my cards at a minimum current highest is 6K and i dont plan on going higher if i'm granted higher thats great but i honestly dont need more than 5K on any card why because i dont spend that much or nearly that much and then i'm so paranoid to even let one of my cards get to $1K balance i instantly start throwing money at it as soon as its close to that.... thats just me though i think.... so $5K on any given card is my min and max

Basically dont ask for what doesnt warrant your spending i understand alot worry about utilization but i dont think its that huge of a deal to warrant having 10K+ lines and you use about 1 or 2K on it or something ...and as i said i dont even use that on mine ..... I get nervous when i let it get to or over $1k

And as another example this past Thursday my Walmart card had a limit of 4.3K i called pretty sure i could ahve asked for more but asked the analyst to increase it to $5K she approved  ... And I'm fine with just that unless they give me auto CLI i'm done...

Current Cards

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 29 of 35
linux007969
Established Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@shaun2009 wrote:

Well GE can be tricky.... I'd just recommend calling every 4 statements ... What i notice alot of people do though is request absurd amounts .....I myself prefer to keep all my cards at a minimum current highest is 6K and i dont plan on going higher if i'm granted higher thats great but i honestly dont need more than 5K on any card why because i dont spend that much or nearly that much and then i'm so paranoid to even let one of my cards get to $1K balance i instantly start throwing money at it as soon as its close to that.... thats just me though i think.... so $5K on any given card is my min and max

I'm meaning that since i have paypal smart connect at $5k, Walmart at $5k, and now Paypal Extras at $3k that totals $13,000 with GE, so i'm wondering what is the total max limit with GE is?

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.