Paypal - GEMB

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Paypal - GEMB

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

I just applied last night, if you don't qualify for the MC, you are considered for PayPal Smart Connect (Credit for Pay Pay purchases only, like a store card).   I ended up with Smart Connect.     Less than 30 seconds.   Very simple application.

Do you have to accept that Smart Connect offer? It's the biggest reason I am afraid to apply for that card even though I really want it. I just don't want to be stuck with that thing to hurt my AAoA, think it used to be called pp buyer credit.

There was no option to apply for Master Card only, the account was available immediately.    I charged some things on it within a few minutes.  

So, as far as I can tell, you have to accept it!  

When i apped, it was only for the MC.

Just went to their site: this is the link for the PaylPal Extras MC https://creditcenter.paypal.com/

Towards the top of the page there's a choice for the MC, PayPal Smart Connect, and Ebay MC.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

I just applied last night, if you don't qualify for the MC, you are considered for PayPal Smart Connect (Credit for Pay Pay purchases only, like a store card).   I ended up with Smart Connect.     Less than 30 seconds.   Very simple application.

Do you have to accept that Smart Connect offer? It's the biggest reason I am afraid to apply for that card even though I really want it. I just don't want to be stuck with that thing to hurt my AAoA, think it used to be called pp buyer credit.

There was no option to apply for Master Card only, the account was available immediately.    I charged some things on it within a few minutes.  

So, as far as I can tell, you have to accept it!  

Sigh... It's one of the reasons I hate GEMB. I really want there Chevron Visa card because it has great gas discount rewards forever, but if you don't qualify for it they might give you the store card which I would be fine with except that you only get those rewards for the first month and then it offers nothing. You also can never upgrade it to the visa. Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have the 90 day fraud alert on my CRs, so I'm afraid of applying and getting a denial. Don't want to risk the INQ.. I'll probably hold off a while.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use paypal a lot with my Etsy shop, and thought it would be helpful to have for my business. I was approved for the Paypal MC for 300.00. Not impressive, but it's a hearty seed for my credit garden.

Anyone know if they give good cli's?

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are GEMB so you can hit the luv button every 4 months basically.  My card started at $600 back in May and it's already at $900 and I didn't even have to request the CLI.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was initially approved for a $3000 limit on the Paypal MC.  Limit was raised to $5800 after the first four statements cut.  It's been cli every four statements since then--always a generous cli. 

Best part of GEMB is that you can hit the cli request button every four months--inquiry is NEVER a hard.  GEMB has the most painless CLI request system going.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, thank you both!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.