Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal MC approved: CL question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal MC approved: CL question...

My Paypal MC just got approved today. I called up GEMB peeps to get my CL, and they said that I was approved for $3k. Meanwhile, I'm getting a different figure ($1k) over the automated paypal line 866-300-6432. Do you guys have any clue whats goin on? Do they report a different "available for purchase" limit before activating the card or something? I'm confused Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal MC approved: CL question...

I got one of these in april and have the same limit and they did the same 1k temp limit until you activate the card. Thats what I was told but a couple of days before I got the card it went up to 3k on the paypal website.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply!

Now I have even wierder question: The account just appeared as "Paypal Buyer credit/GE MoneyBank"  (with $3,000 CL) on my experian CR. GEMB peeps keep on saying that I got approved for the MC not the buyer credit (521853 BIN does refer to GEMB mastercard). So which one is it? MC or the buyer credit? (dont have the patience to wait for their mail LOL!)

Message 3 of 4
mross1080
Established Contributor

Mine shows up here with myfico as Gemb/Paypal Dc. Check on you credit card part on paypal if theres a link for card personalization and order checks you def. have the MC the buyer credit doesnt have those options. My DW has the buyer credit. Im pretty sure you have the MC I dont think buyer credit goes up that high with limits. Congrats on the approval. I was shocked when I got mine it was my highest limit by far.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.