Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Mastercard

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Paypal Mastercard

Yesterday I received a Paypal Mastercard in the mail.  I did not ask for it, nor did I apply for it.  On the letter it states that I did not ask for it, and that it was promotional; but it really is the card.  It also says if I chose not to activate it to destroy the card.  It gives no mention of a CL; basically it doesn't give me a whole lot of info.  After searching these boards to me it looks like they are known for giving good CL and CLI; but I am not sure if I try to activate it what will happen.  I don't really want another HP on my CR right now; but could really use a card with a good CL.  Thoughts?

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal Mastercard

@JPeanut503 wrote:

Yesterday I received a Paypal Mastercard in the mail.  I did not ask for it, nor did I apply for it.  On the letter it states that I did not ask for it, and that it was promotional; but it really is the card.  It also says if I chose not to activate it to destroy the card.  It gives no mention of a CL; basically it doesn't give me a whole lot of info.  After searching these boards to me it looks like they are known for giving good CL and CLI; but I am not sure if I try to activate it what will happen.  I don't really want another HP on my CR right now; but could really use a card with a good CL.  Thoughts?

I have never heard of such a thing... I LOVE IT!

Does it give a web address and special offer number or what does it tell you to do?

and by the looks of last updated scores in your sigi, if they are offering you the MC you should take it and would probably do you great!

Message 2 of 13
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

No offer number, just a site/phone number to call and activate.

So you think I should go for it?

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JPeanut503 wrote:

No offer number, just a site/phone number to call and activate.

So you think I should go for it?

What does the card look like? say "debit on it?

Message 4 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Do you have PayPal smartconnect if so maybe it's an upgrade.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

It would be illegal to just send you a card, must be an upgrade to something you already have.

Message 6 of 13
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

As far as I know I just have the normal paypal account?  I have had it forever!!  I go in phases where I use it more often, but we are not talking $1000's here, maybe at the most a couple 100.  Of course I left the card on the counter at home this morning.  I will look again tomorrow to see if it says "debit". 

Can I tell from my Paypal account if I have that smartconnect thing?

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JPeanut503 wrote:

As far as I know I just have the normal paypal account?  I have had it forever!!  I go in phases where I use it more often, but we are not talking $1000's here, maybe at the most a couple 100.  Of course I left the card on the counter at home this morning.  I will look again tomorrow to see if it says "debit". 

Can I tell from my Paypal account if I have that smartconnect thing?

just call and see what they say, I would assume it's something pertaining to access to your paypal funds not an actually credit account.

did you remember anything about it saying it's through GE?

Message 8 of 13
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

After further investigation it's looks as though it is a Business Debit Mastercard.  Still not sure why I received it; but not what I am looking for right now if it won't give me a line of credit. Smiley Embarassed 

EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JPeanut503 wrote:

After further investigation it's looks as though it is a Business Debit Mastercard.  Still not sure why I received it; but not what I am looking for right now if it won't give me a line of credit. Smiley Embarassed 

haha, sorry for your disappointment!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.