cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Smart Connect - Anyone have a list where it can be used?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal Smart Connect - Anyone have a list where it can be used?

PayPal Smart connect can be used ANYWHERE PayPal is accepted.

You need to set smart connect as your default backup funding source. You will pay with PayPal at any merchant who accepts it, and it will automatically pull the money from the available credit in your smart connect account.

You can also use PayPal smart connect at stores that don't accept PayPal by using the PayPal debit mastercard, anywhere mastercard is accepted.
Message 11 of 14
alexl22
Regular Contributor

I just use my smart connect when I am too lazy to get my wallet and the vender accepts paypal. Smartconnect can be used ANYWHERE paypal is accepted, and most online retailers accept it. That sucks about the address but it can still be used alot of places online.

Edit: What jsucool said

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just attempted to use my Paypal Smart Connect at Newegg, and it won't let me use it.  It first says it can't ship to my address because it's unconfirmed, and then it says the only confirmed address is my po box, but they won't ship to a po box using Paypal. This is my problem with two other places I tried too. I'm calling Paypal to try to figure out how to "confirm" the physical address, but if they can't confirm it, and no one will ship to a po box, then this account will become useless since they tell me that these are the reasons they also can't send me a debit card. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to add an update. I found out that I can download the app and use my account at Dollar General, Home Depot, Office Depot, and I forget the other couple of stores, but it's not many major stores at all. The app helps me find which stores take it. I can also use it at Toysrus just by using my phone number and pin number. I also got the address verification to work by adding a credit card, and making sure that I used the correct physical address as the billing address for that card. When I go to Newegg now, all I have to do is use that physical address and I can get the item shipped to me. The only problem I will have is if the company sends it through the mail and has a mail forwarding block (which most packages do not). 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.