Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Smart Connect deferred interest?

tag
Coldness
Contributor

Paypal Smart Connect deferred interest?

Paypal just decided to double my credit line, so I've decided to finally swing on a laptop I've been needing (..okay, wanting). I'm sure I can pay it off in two payments either way, but does anyone happen to know if paypal has any promotions still going for deferred interest? I know the last few large-ish purchases I've put on the card have gotten deferred for 6 months automatically, which was nice, but it was never advertised to me. Is it listed on their website somewhere that I'm not seeing? All I see is the deferred ebay stuff... 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal Smart Connect deferred interest?

@Coldness wrote:

Paypal just decided to double my credit line, so I've decided to finally swing on a laptop I've been needing (..okay, wanting). I'm sure I can pay it off in two payments either way, but does anyone happen to know if paypal has any promotions still going for deferred interest? I know the last few large-ish purchases I've put on the card have gotten deferred for 6 months automatically, which was nice, but it was never advertised to me. Is it listed on their website somewhere that I'm not seeing? All I see is the deferred ebay stuff... 

I believe the PayPal card is backed by GECRB and if that is the case they do a lot of 6-12 month no interest if PIF promotions. I just got a notice from my Walmart card by email:

Quote: We wanted to let you know about special financing promotions that may be offered on the Walmart Credit Card. From time to time, you may be offered one of the following promotions when you make a qualifying purchase:No Interest if Paid in Full Within 6, 12, 18 or 24 Months

Lowes runs a regular 5% off and 6-12-18 Month no interest if PIF program. Amazon runs a everyday 6-12-24 month no interest if PIF program. These are all GECRB backed cards.  You might have to look around a bit, I know Dell pretty much hides their special financing deals (not GECRB) several pages deep in their Finance Services page.

You can email card services and ask.

Message 2 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

The last offer I got expired 12/31/2011.   I got email notification about the offer.

Message 3 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I'd probably email card services or call the 800 number and ask. As you said, want is as much as need right now so if they won't give it "right now" perhaps they'll let you know if its going to be offered again soon. As I said, GE runs a ton of these promotions through all their co-branded card programs.

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Coldness wrote:

I would call in and find out exactly if this will be deffered or not, you don;t want to assume and pay alot in interest!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.