Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Smart Connect to Paypal MC Extra

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Smart Connect to Paypal MC Extra

For those who got the letter stating that they're Paypal Smart Connect to Paypal MC Extra, has it happened yet for you or no? I mean its been awhile now no changes hmmm.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Smart Connect to Paypal MC Extra

I do not understand what smart connect is. I do have an ebay mc. But never understood the smart connect.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@jeffery581 wrote:

I do not understand what smart connect is. I do have an ebay mc. But never understood the smart connect.

Smart Connect is Synchrony's version of PayPal Credit by Comenity...only the tradeline for the Comenity version is hidden. The plus to Smart Connect is Sync is much better at giving increases (and easier to deal with) than Comenity...and with Smart Connect you don't have to play the "spend over your limit in hopes of getting an increase" game.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think it happens sometime in May. The letter they sent us gave you till May 6th to opt out. So I'm sure the upgrade will be after that.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SC is now missing from my PayPal account - so maybe it'll be soon.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Would be nice if they backdate the account. My smart connect is almost 2 years old

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

Smart Connect is PayPals version of a store card. Its linked to a PayPal account and can only be used through the PayPal account and there is no physical card. It is an actual credit card though, unlike PayPal Credit which is more of an installment loan. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My SC is now missing from my PayPal account - so maybe it'll be soon.

Mine is still showing

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.