Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal SmartConnect Rewards

tag
littlelottie
Valued Member

Paypal SmartConnect Rewards

Did anyone else get an email about a new smartconnect rewards program?  It says you would earn 2 pts/$1 until September 2013.  You have to go through a site called loyalty innovations.  Wanted to know if this was a legit offer before I sign up for it. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal SmartConnect Rewards

Hmm, I didn't get any e-mail about that. Also went to Google to search and only thing that came up is the Paypal Extras Mastercard.

Message 2 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I got nothing.

Message 3 of 8
winner88
Contributor

I got the email.. disregarded at that time.. Now i want to complete the enrollment but cant find it any more.. do you happen to have the link?

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 4 of 8
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

I would go to PayPal. If its not there i would assume it to be a scam. Careful on emails from PayPal. They are i get emails from PayPal saying don't follow links in emails. I also used to get a lot of ones from eBay saying that is was a none paying bidder and to log on to PayPal. But when i went straight to eBay no such action or message.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 5 of 8
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I've never received any emails like this from PayPal. I'd research that a little more before doing anything with the link.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
lashaun3
Established Member

Hi, I signed up for the rewards program when it was first introduced to me in October 2012, it is legitimate. I receive a monthly statement via e-mail showing my rewards, based on purchases made with my paypal smartconnect account. The link to sign in or register is https://www.loyaltyinnovations.com/smartconnect/. I was leery about it too, but confirmed with paypal before proceeding.  This link on paypal confirms it as well. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Products-Archive/New-PayPal-Smart-Connect-Rewards-Program/...

Message 7 of 8
Paulz
New Visitor

According to Paypal this is a phishing attempt. If you receive a message from Paypal that does not seem Legit you can forward it to Spoof@paypal.com and they will check it out. I have done this a couple times with the same result. It is a Scam as the paypal discussion board mentioned in this thread seem to be.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.