Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal automatic increase!!!!!!

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Paypal automatic increase!!!!!!

i was looking over my recent activity on my cards and when i logged into paypal, i went to details. when i studied the amount of spending limit available, it said 5800!!! i was 3000 before. .

but the funny irony is that i have only had the card since the very end of october 2010, and they gave it to me automatically! wow! pat on my back! sweet. i guess my app spree experiment is going quite well so far....

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Paypal automatic increase!!!!!!

turns out both my walmart discover and my paypal extras mastercard both got automatic increases and i got both of them near the end of october. i realized these two did, as they are both gemoney credit cards

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fantastic, I have the paypal card as well, and looking forward to an increase in two more months.

Message 3 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats ...

Message 4 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i have opened 8 cards from 9/22 to 11/15. my score initally was excellent, so it went from exellent to good. but i have a really low balance across all of my cards. i don't have a mortgage or a loan (some creditors see this as better, some see as worse). i have still not experienced any adverse action on any of my cards YET. had 5 active store cards, and wells fargo visa before these cards on 9 22 10:

wells fargo platinum visa      3900 (opened august 2006)

more (prime) discover          2500

walmart (prime) discover     1000 (was 800)

blue cash (prime) amex       6000 (was 2000)

paypal extras platinum mc   5800 (was 3000)

hooters platinum mc            2800

barclays platinum mc          2600

citi select platinum mc        1600

rewardszone gold mc         1500  (this is my only subprime card)

my store cards are as follows:

rcwilley           500

home depot   12100

cca ge            3500

sony ge          3000

bealls             950

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just don't think I have ever heard of an almost 6k line with paypal! congrats on that... have you asked for CLI on the citi yet, you should be just about due!

Message 6 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i am holding back until april before i carefully attempt to press any luv buttons. discover and wells fargo will be first. i main goal right now is to turn rzmc into a platinum. in august i will attempt the VentureOne card.

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i am holding back until april before i carefully attempt to press any luv buttons. discover and wells fargo will be first. i main goal right now is to turn rzmc into a platinum. in august i will attempt the VentureOne card.

Citi is ready every 4 months, as long as it only asks for income, it's a soft and instant I believe

The only way you are getting platinum rzmc is if you apply for it, they do not upgrade gold.

Message 8 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

thanks for the tip on the citi! i will give that a shot. yes, on the gold card, i plan on closing it before reapplying for it again after a few days. this will be in july when i do this.

Message 9 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

creditaddict, it turns out i initally requested a cli when i received the card, so it wont allow me to request another cli until at least april.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.