cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal credit is weird (but it's comenity so what do you expect!)

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Paypal credit is weird (but it's comenity so what do you expect!)

I've tried to get CLI from Paypal credit through playing "shopping roulette" -- attempt to purchase something, use paypal credit, get declined, get a letter with your free credit score.

However, the last couple of months, been maxed out at my limit  so that interest charges would have put me over my limit.  So last month, they raised my CL from 486.00 (yes, you read that right) to 518.00 -- even sent me a "congratulations!  We've raised your credit limit" email.

I logged in again tonight noticed that I still had a whopping 15 cents worth of credit despite having my balance at 555.85.  It shows my CL as 556.  

It's like they will raise your credit limit to accomodate interest charges... and once you pay down your balance, that extra "air" sticks and can be used.  Seems like a really strange way to get a CLI.  In essence I've gotten a 15 percent credit limit in 2 months just by allowing my interest to blow through my previous credit limit.

I also have to give Paypal credit (no pun intended)... when I logged in, they made me change my password because they said my last login was from Mountain View, CA on 1/1 (I'm on the East Coast).  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go through and reset all the passwords on all my accounts... this is the 2nd time in 1 weeks that I have gotten notification that someone has attempted to access or successfully accessed my credit accounts.  

Cheers!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.