cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal debit card numbers stolen - Dispute process stinks!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal debit card numbers stolen - Dispute process stinks!

Apparently someone across the country got access to my debit card somehow and charged up to 300 dollars. That amount is now being applied to my paypal smart connection.

You have to fax in, or mail in your dispute of anything having to do with the paypal debit card. My first fax was apparently not legible so I sent another fax. At the bottom I asked for them to call me to confirm they received the fax.

I have received no call so far. Does paypals service really stink this bad? When I tried to call I was told that they couldn't even put me in contact with that department in order to confirm if they had gotten the fax or not.

I got the runaround from a couple different departments shifting me here to there.

This is not very smart on their end. Up to this point, the paypal debit card was my main card due to my ppbc and the 1% cash back. I'm definitely going to shift my business to another card and sock drawer this card. On top of that, after reporting the debit card as lost or stolen, I HAD TO REAPPLY for the debit card with no confirmation that I would get approved, even though I have had the debit card for 8 years.

I have had my paypal account for almost 10 years. I feel like I'm not being treated well. On top of that, I don't want to have the chance of this happening again and going through the same process which has been a big headache. Especially since my fax machine has not been working since I hooked up the onyx phone system or whatever they are.

Thanks paypal!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Paypal debit card numbers stolen - Dispute process stinks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently someone across the country got access to my debit card somehow and charged up to 300 dollars. That amount is now being applied to my paypal smart connection.

You have to fax in, or mail in your dispute of anything having to do with the paypal debit card. My first fax was apparently not legible so I sent another fax. At the bottom I asked for them to call me to confirm they received the fax.

I have received no call so far. Does paypals service really stink this bad? When I tried to call I was told that they couldn't even put me in contact with that department in order to confirm if they had gotten the fax or not.

I got the runaround from a couple different departments shifting me here to there.

This is not very smart on their end. Up to this point, the paypal debit card was my main card due to my ppbc and the 1% cash back. I'm definitely going to shift my business to another card and sock drawer this card. On top of that, after reporting the debit card as lost or stolen, I HAD TO REAPPLY for the debit card with no confirmation that I would get approved, even though I have had the debit card for 8 years.

I have had my paypal account for almost 10 years. I feel like I'm not being treated well. On top of that, I don't want to have the chance of this happening again and going through the same process which has been a big headache. Especially since my fax machine has not been working since I hooked up the onyx phone system or whatever they are.

Thanks paypal!

Sorry to hear about that.  It is my understanding with checking accounts, if a person report fraudulent activity within 5 days, they're only responsible for up to $50 of the charges.  But in this case, you shouldn't be responsible for any charges.  Paypal is certainly handling this differently than Chase and AMEX would have.   Do Paypal not have within its website where you can dispute charges online?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope not for this, maybe for simple I never received any item or something similar. The whole process has been irritatnig.

Message 3 of 4
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Chase administers the PayPal Debit card, but GEMB administers the Smart Connect Card. Did you talk to Chase at the number on the back of your debit card?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.