cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal help! Smart Connect and Bill Me Later, still cash advance loop hole??

tag
missmama
Contributor

Paypal help! Smart Connect and Bill Me Later, still cash advance loop hole??

HELP! any Paypal people know why this is happening???

It's been proven you can get cash from your BML, and BML lets you do it.  So why is mine not working?? I have 2 paypal accounts. One with just BML and the other has PP debit card and also backed up with Smart Connect. 

According to this post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Paypal-Smart-Connect-Cash-Advance-Loophole/m-p/1817151/...

I should be able to send money to my other account (same name and same address but different email address, different bank info)

I get this error:

This payment cannot be completed. This is likely due to insufficient or unavailable credit. For details, please contact the PayPal Credit Service Center. You may want to try using another funding source to complete your transaction.

no matter if I do 50.00 under my limlit or just 1.00  same error.  what are I doing wrong??

I never used this BML, just got it today... limit not even touched.

is it the PP accounts being in same name??? anyone have info ???   TIA!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
unusuallyconfused
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal help! Smart Connect and Bill Me Later, still cash advance loop hole??

Big no-no.

Have a look at your PayPal Terms of Use agreement.

All you can do is withdraw to your bank account and then use your bank account to deposit into your other PayPal account (and hopefully you have two different kinds of PayPal accounts and not the same kind!). In other words, you can't transfer this way directly between accounts to yourself. You must use your bank account as an intermediary.

I can't stress enough to read PayPal's terms of use agreements and other agreements - they spell out EXACTLY what you can do and can't do. With PayPal, you're playing with fire because doing the wrong thing - even when you think you haven't done anything wrong - can lead to your account(s) being limited and that would cause a lot of problems with BML and Smart Connect (surprised you can have both??).

USAA Rewards VISA (7,500 - 03/2013) / DiscoverIT (6500 - 03/2013) / Cap One Platinum MC (2750 - 03/2013) / Credit One Platinum VISA (750 - 03/2013) / First Premier Bank MC (300 - 02/2013) / FingerHut/WEBBANK (5200.00 - 02/2013) / Victoria's Secret/Comenity (1500 - 03/2013) / PayPal Smart Connect/GECRB (2900 - 03/2013) / Lowe's/GECRB (2800 - 03/2013) / Amazon.com/GECRB (4500 - 03/2013) / Chevron Texaco/GECRB (1950 - 03/2013) / J.C. Penney/GECRB (2150 - 02/2013) / Target (750 - 07/2013) / Abercrombie & Fitch/Comenity (1850 - 07/2013) / CareCredit/GECRB (4500 - 08/2013) / DCU Visa (2000 - 11/2013) / NFCU Sig cashRewards Visa (7000 - 11/2013) - MilitaryStar/Chase (4700 /12/2013)

Message 2 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Paypal help! Smart Connect and Bill Me Later, still cash advance loop hole??

Did you select cash advance when sending the money? I used that option speficly and it worked

Message 3 of 17
missmama
Contributor

I read it. No where does it say you can't do this. It is allowed to send money using BML:

Send Money Using Bill Me Later with Your PayPal Account

Get more flexibility when you need to send money to friends and family.

You can still send money in a few clicks with PayPal – and now when you choose Bill Me Later, you’ll get more time to pay.

Here’s how it works:

• Enter the recipient’s email address or phone number, amount, and transaction type.
  • Click Change to select Bill Me Later as your payment method if it’s not already set.
  • Confirm your payment details, and you’re done.
  • Your transaction will appear on your monthly Bill Me Later statement. 
    (You’ll get an email when your statement is ready and you can pay your bill through PayPal.com)

Yes 2 differemt types of accounts. I still do not understand the problem?

Message 4 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

and your selecting cash advance on the bill me later side right?

Message 5 of 17
missmama
Contributor

There isn't an option on there for cash advance. To be clear I am using a Premier account with BML only, no other Paypal service. trying to transfer to my ... ahhh interesting!! I just looked at each one and both are premier!! I know I kept one personal... but it isn't that way. Not sure what happened. So how to I make one personal now? Or change the BML to tie to a new personal???

Message 6 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

Oh, I think the bill me later has to be personal but not positive, good luck

Message 7 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@missmama!
Welcome to the forums!
Have you called BML customer service? I had an issue with a small charge going through on an eBay purchase. They fixed the issue immediately. Maybe they can help.
866-528-3733

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 17
missmama
Contributor

Thanks. I just called Paypal and they changed it to a personal Smiley Happy  I see the change in the account now too Smiley Happy Now to try it...

Message 9 of 17
missmama
Contributor

nope. wont go. still no cash advance option either...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.