Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Paypal pay later?

Is this replacing the Paypal Buyers Credit and they just changed the name or something new?
I saw it and then paid for my item using my money in paypal account instead and now can't find it again to find out if it's still issued by GEMB and the rates etc.
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Paypal pay later?

it is offered by GE and looks like you can only apply for it if you don't have one of the other cards (ebay, buyer plus, buyers credit)
Dont think I want to take the hard right now, scores just not high enough
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
scamps218

I have not heard anything about it actually replacing PayPal.  Just another service provided and powered by PayPal.  I applied for it to purchase a laptop online.  I was declined due to "information not matching my credit report."  When I called, I was informed that the billing information on my Experian report did not match what I entered.  Lucky for me, I had my Experian data in front of me.  I went through it line by line with the friendly care rep, and we both could not see anything wrong.  He indicated that there may have been a glitch, or perhaps I needed to put St. for street rather than just the name of my street.  His suggestion was that I apply for the card a few more times and see if it goes through.  I asked him if this will result in additional credit card inquiries, or if they would be soft pulls.  He told me that they were going to be hard pulls.  When asked if he thought that it was a good idea to repeatedly attempt to get credit resulting in hard inquiries, he said, "well, do you really want the item you are trying to purchase."  That just did not sound right.  So, as of right now, I am not a fan of the Pay Later program.  Just seemed like and irresponsible response.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
concorduser

It might a rebranding of the billme later which is now owned by paypal.

Super Contributor
concorduser

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}