Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal pay later?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Paypal pay later?

Is this replacing the Paypal Buyers Credit and they just changed the name or something new?
I saw it and then paid for my item using my money in paypal account instead and now can't find it again to find out if it's still issued by GEMB and the rates etc.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paypal pay later?

it is offered by GE and looks like you can only apply for it if you don't have one of the other cards (ebay, buyer plus, buyers credit)
Dont think I want to take the hard right now, scores just not high enough
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not heard anything about it actually replacing PayPal.  Just another service provided and powered by PayPal.  I applied for it to purchase a laptop online.  I was declined due to "information not matching my credit report."  When I called, I was informed that the billing information on my Experian report did not match what I entered.  Lucky for me, I had my Experian data in front of me.  I went through it line by line with the friendly care rep, and we both could not see anything wrong.  He indicated that there may have been a glitch, or perhaps I needed to put St. for street rather than just the name of my street.  His suggestion was that I apply for the card a few more times and see if it goes through.  I asked him if this will result in additional credit card inquiries, or if they would be soft pulls.  He told me that they were going to be hard pulls.  When asked if he thought that it was a good idea to repeatedly attempt to get credit resulting in hard inquiries, he said, "well, do you really want the item you are trying to purchase."  That just did not sound right.  So, as of right now, I am not a fan of the Pay Later program.  Just seemed like and irresponsible response.

Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It might a rebranding of the billme later which is now owned by paypal.

Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.