cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc Pay pal smart connect.into bill me later.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Pc Pay pal smart connect.into bill me later.

So i just been reading how bill me later is now part of comenity. and  i have pal pal smart connect which is Synch whatever.

I don't know if they will be going to comenity or not. however. i find the paypal smart connect. useless.

explanation. i never applied for this. in the first place.

I applied for the pay pal extras mastercard .But they gave me this instead.

So i follow info and got business debit card.

Linked it and it worked like a regular credit card at first.

Then i tried to pay my first bill on line.Horror Show is understatement

I took all my checking information and all was set.

Until the day i tried to pay. would not take payment.

In sheer panic i call pay pal and made payment on phone.

For a 15 spot. no less.

Ever since. i have had salty taste in my mouth.

I did not cancel as i owed a little on card. but now im down to the last 200 dollars.

I tried to transfer the balance. but since it is a debit card. no go.

So im wondering if i can pc this to bill me later. even different banks. Has anyone tried it?

would like to know . it s still all pay pal.

And they will not let you have 2 pay pal products at same time . so no need to apply for that. even two banks.

Any info will be helpful. as this is my first card on the chopping block. if no luck. would love hidden tradeline.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pc Pay pal smart connect.into bill me later.

@taxi818 wrote:

So i just been reading how bill me later is now part of comenity. and  i have pal pal smart connect which is Synch whatever.

I don't know if they will be going to comenity or not. however. i find the paypal smart connect. useless.

explanation. i never applied for this. in the first place.

I applied for the pay pal extras mastercard .But they gave me this instead.

So i follow info and got business debit card.

Linked it and it worked like a regular credit card at first.

Then i tried to pay my first bill on line.Horror Show is understatement

I took all my checking information and all was set.

Until the day i tried to pay. would not take payment.

In sheer panic i call pay pal and made payment on phone.

For a 15 spot. no less.

Ever since. i have had salty taste in my mouth.

I did not cancel as i owed a little on card. but now im down to the last 200 dollars.

I tried to transfer the balance. but since it is a debit card. no go.

So im wondering if i can pc this to bill me later. even different banks. Has anyone tried it?

would like to know . it s still all pay pal.

And they will not let you have 2 pay pal products at same time . so no need to apply for that. even two banks.

Any info will be helpful. as this is my first card on the chopping block. if no luck. would love hidden tradeline.

You cannot PC PayPal Smarrt Connect into PayPal Credit (formerly Bill Me Later).  Two separate banks - sorry, won't happen.  You can have all 3 separate PayPal Products (any combination thereof) if you qualify and are approved.  For instance, I have PayPayl Extras MC and eBay MC (both issued by Synchrony) and each with their own separate PayPal account.  I was not so much interested in PayPal Credit but it's a great product as well (lots of folks love it), I just never applied for it.

So, if PPSC is not working out for you, then you need to decide whether you want to apply for PayPal Credit.

Message 2 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

I'm guessing oay pal credit is still hidden. Like bill me later was. Did not know I could have both.
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, PayPal Credit continues to be a non-reported (hidden) tradeline even after Comenity acquired the portfolio.  And yes, you can have both products, you'll just need to create a separate PayPal account though.

Message 4 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Does the fact that Comenity is now in charge of the tradeline mean that their approval standards have changed or is it exactly the same as before?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to a Paypal Credit rep she explained to me that I can have both ppc and psc, but can only have one linked to my account. So only one will be linked to your paypal account. Smart connect has been a nightmare for me. I have had charges post and still be pending for the same amount and it ties up the available credit. My last straw with them was when they held up my payment. The girl told me I was making too many payments not to mention they are the default payment when I have money in my paypal account. I have pif and will not use it often.
Message 6 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

This is what I mean. Something is wrong with the website. It's old. And not working. Out of my 13 credit cards. I get feAr from this one. It is gone.
Message 7 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

I'm surprised to hear all of the problems with PPSC.  I love my smart connect account and have never had any problems with it.

With the PP Debit card linked to the smart connect it is a truely unique product in that it effectively makes a debit card into a credit card that can be used for pin based transactions.

Sometimes there are certain places or products that only take debit card and this is the only debit card that I know of that has a line of credit behind it. I find it very useful. 

I make multiple payments and never never have trouble with payments. If you transfer some funds to your paypal account from your checking account and then pay the smart connect with those funds once they are in your paypal account it will free up your available credit right away.

Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

The actual card is not bad at all. You are right it acts as a credit card with debit card benefits. The problem I had was the website. As I like to pay all my bills directly on companies website. But in this case. It's obsolete. Well. I will take someone's suggestion and push it thru from my bank. Tho should do the trick. Thanks all. Much advice here.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.