Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peggy has left Crap1 and went to..

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Peggy has left Crap1 and went to..

CareCredit.

These people just lack common sense. No-one can tell me why they can't provide decline reasons on their letter when getting declined for an increase. I refuse to burn an HP for a CLI with them. Every GE account I have does SP's and they do for account reviews so why can't you base it off that info. And give me reasons off of that report??

I'm very tempted just to close the account. Tired of the lack of information from them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Peggy has left Crap1 and went to..

@LS2982 wrote:
CareCredit.

These people just lack common sense. No-one can tell me why they can't provide decline reasons on their letter when getting declined for an increase. I refuse to burn an HP for a CLI with them. Every GE account I have does SP's and they do for account reviews so why can't you base it off that info. And give me reasons off of that report??

I'm very tempted just to close the account. Tired of the lack of information from them.

LOL  You are so RIGHT about where Peggy's holding another job now LS!!  Smiley LOL

DM called CC today about her account.  The account that has always shown on her CR and she still gets letters about in the mail on offers as well as disclosures about interest etc. Because she wanted the actual card and see about adding me as an AU (I will not apply for them, don't want the INQ or hit to AAoA).  When she got the account in 2006, they told her she didn't need a card, just to call when she or anyone else might need to use the account.  The account was and is (on CRs) 8400.

Come to find out, she can't use it, it's closed.   But wait, it's not closed, it was never activated (they said).  But they can "close" it for her before CC does because it's looks better if DM closes it instead of CC eventually closing it.  I told DM not to let them do anything, they're idiots and to leave it alone.  She was offered the phone survey when she called in and pressed "1" for yes, but that never came back on the line LOL  I bet it didn't and for a reason.  They're idiots LOL

I would advise anyone, unless they REALLLY need CareCredit (CC on this post) and don't feel they have other options, to skip them entirely. They used to be ok, but now, they're beyond idiots on the phone. DM was transferred 6 times,  SIX FREAKING TIMES! 

Funny how they send snail mail about the available credit and interest disclosures only to tell someone the account was never activated (which is most certainly was, just not used). Now we're just trying to figure out how to close an account that was never activated but is open with 8400 in available credit.......  (according to the notices they send and what they report to the CBs).

Maybe they hired Peggy's less intelligent twin? Or in this case, twins (6 of them!).

In the words of the CSR "if we close it, it will show as derogatory on your CR"......  if that's true, then I guess we can contact the State attorney Generals office about that little issue.  How a card that was never activated or used, once closed by the creditor can be "derogatory" on a CR that showed open with 8400 available credit for 6 years.

I'm just glad none of us here ever needed or need to use the dam thing.  Thank gawd (ok, decent credit and cash) we have other options for such things, like cash or other cards.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 10
FrugalRican
Blogger

Would totally be an M. Night twist if we found out that Care Credit is some sort of subdivision of the BoA Constrictor.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It's The Man keeping us down, I'm telling you...It's a conspiracy mannn

Message 4 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Would totally be an M. Night twist if we found out that Care Credit is some sort of subdivision of the BoA Constrictor.

Actually I had a MBNA LOC years ago for Lasix that became a BofA product when the were absorbed into the BofA collective.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

CareCredit has always been issued through GE, at least since 2006  unless I'm very mistaken.   GE Capital now (as noted on all their documents sent to us).

It's the one credit product anyone in my family has had through with GE that has been a bit of a joke.

I still haven't activated my Walmart Discover through them (GE) yet, since it has a slightly lower CL than my store card.  Online, the accounts look like 2 separate accounts but I'm sure that will change once it's activated.   Those both have lower interest than CareCredit btw.   So CareCredit is really only good for special offers for dental, eyecare etc.  At times they offer 0% for several months.  I wouldn't bother getting one now though after knowing what a mess they are, nor would I recommend them if someone has other options.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CareCredit.

You answered your own question, LS. You know that CareCredit only gives CLIs upon request after a hard pull. If memory serves, you have frozen your credit reports...so they are likely trying to pull your credit, then denying the increase when they can't review your credit.

It really comes down to this: Is the CareCredit CLI worth a hard pull? Because I don't see them giving you one until you allow them to hard-pull your credit.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CareCredit.

You answered your own question, LS. You know that CareCredit only gives CLIs upon request after a hard pull. If memory serves, you have frozen your credit reports...so they are likely trying to pull your credit, then denying the increase when they can't review your credit.

It really comes down to this: Is the CareCredit CLI worth a hard pull? Because I don't see them giving you one until you allow them to hard-pull your credit.

It doesn't have anything to do with them having to HP for CLI. They recieve SP's for manual account reviews. They should be able to look at them and make a decision. And when they send a denial letter, they should list reasons for denial. They do not.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CareCredit.

It doesn't have anything to do with them having to HP for CLI. They recieve SP's for manual account reviews. They should be able to look at them and make a decision. And when they send a denial letter, they should list reasons for denial. They do not.

I'm really not trying to be combative here, LS, but yes, it has everything to do with them having to HP. Just because it's a GE-backed account doesn't mean they will soft like the rest...and with all due respect, CareCredit if notorious for requiring HPs before giving requested CLIs. If your reports for frozen, they will simply deny the request until you allow them to HP. You alluded to this in your original post:

"I refuse to burn an HP for a CLI with them. Every GE account I have does SP's and they do for account reviews so why can't you base it off that info. And give me reasons off of that report??"

In essence, you are wondering why they can't just make a decision based on soft reports from other GE-backed card reviews or soft you like the others, but it doesn't work that way. Every backed card has specific criteria for approval, CLIs, etc. This is why Amazon store cards don't approve some, but ON will approve those same people. CLIs are no different. Wal-Mart GE-backed accounts will often approve CLIs with soft reports, but GE-backed CareCredit requires a hard pull for the same action.

I know you're frustrated, but you really DO know the reason they are stone-walling you on this. They require a hard pull you aren't willing to give them...and while I agree that they should give you SOME reason as to why they denied the request, you and I both know the HP issue is the reason.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 10
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Ihave had nothing but positive experiences with Carecredit. I love the fact that it is interest free for up to a year to pay medical expenses. Has come in ultra handy for my veterinary bills. Very very handy. While many other credit cards have lower interest rates, pretty much none of them will consistently offer a 0% interest rate as needed by the client.

I knew Carecredit will only provide a CLI based on a hard pull and was mentally prepared for that when my limit was increased. It was relatively painless. They asked some questions, got my permission for a HP and raised the limit.

I will still recommend Carecredit for individuals needing extra time to pay off their medical bills. Just ensure it is paid off before the promotion period is over.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.