Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Alert letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pen Fed Alert letter

Keep an eye on your PenFed account,I received this E mail this morning.

Dear Valued Member,

Protecting your personal financial information is our top priority. In addition, please remember that you are not liable for unauthorized use of your Pentagon Federal Credit Union credit card.

Visa Fraud Control has recently notified us that your PenFed Visa credit card account number and expiration date may have been compromised in a security breach at a payment processor. Various payment processors provide services for the retailers and restaurants you patronize.

The compromise did not occur at PenFed nor did it involve any of our systems or partners. Information pertaining to your other PenFed account(s) has not been associated with this event. All of your PenFed account information remains absolutely secure.

We continue to take all necessary precautions to safeguard and monitor your PenFed accounts to protect against unauthorized activity. However, if you notice anything suspicious on your statement or when reviewing your account online, please notify us as soon as possible by telephoning us at 1-800-247-5626 or online at PenFed.org. For more information, please visit us online at PenFed.org/Compromise.

If you have recently closed the referenced card, please disregard this correspondence.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We appreciate the continued trust you have placed in Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

Thank you for remaining a valued member.

Sincerely,

Vincent Gay

Director, Security

Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pen Fed Alert letter

I'd say this is from the breach at Heartland:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&thread.id=3791

I've heard of others getting this notice. Still waiting for mine.

I've always pulled up all my cc accounts every morning and given them a quick look. Nowadays I'm doing it twice. Eleven cards, about 15 minutes --another fun thing to do in the 21st century, I suppose.

Where's my personal jet pack, anyway?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I juts now got the E mail....I was like NOT AGAIN......recently had fraudulent charges on my debit card,well actually about 4 months ago.

In some crazy way I am glad my best years are behind me LOL.

Message 3 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

My best MEALS are behind me, every pound of them ) ) :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got this email a couple of weeks ago. They let me keep my current card. However. I got one this morning from Citi. They gave me no choice. When I signed on to my DP account early this morning there is a page full of red script. Card might be compromised we are closing it and sending you a new card. Same history but one more account gets added to the total. Stolen/lost. I guess Citi wants no responsibility whatsoever these days. Or would Mastercard that eats the unauthorized charges? I wasn't happy about the fact I had no choice in the matter and when I mentioned the Heartland breach the CSR dummied up and said they had no other information. After my CLD on my Pro card in December and now this I am getting to not like Citi too much. Then again maybe Citi is a moot point down the road anyway.
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'd say this is from the breach at Heartland:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&thread.id=3791

I've heard of others getting this notice. Still waiting for mine.

I've always pulled up all my cc accounts every morning and given them a quick look. Nowadays I'm doing it twice. Eleven cards, about 15 minutes --another fun thing to do in the 21st century, I suppose.

Where's my personal jet pack, anyway?

Only twice a day? I'm up to 3. LOL.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.