Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed Apps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pen Fed Apps

Well. I joined Pen Fed last year in April or May I believe and when I bought my car at the end of June I tried to by it with them but it was a big mess because my boyfriend had to be on it and he wasn't a member etc. And, they turned me down for a credit card too. Tonight I thought, oh what the heck. I will try Pen Fed again. I applied for their promise card, instant approval for 5k. I thought "WooooHoooo!!!" and.... then I thought, well..... let's try for that one with good gas rewards.... pending on a 2k approval...bummer, think I may have pushed my luck!! :-/ I logged-off, still excited (duh 36 months @ 7.49%- heck yes!) and as I was looking over my current auto loan and calculating out the interest costs for the life of the loan I started to wonder if I had a holy-shot-in-gravy of Pen Fed approving me for the refi at 1.49%. Then I fico-google Smiley Happy Pen Fed and found out that I CAN use my credit pull for any of their products, not just credit cards... so I thought, well, same pull, might as well try.! Annnnnnd- I applied.

Now, my current loan was for 23800 @ 3.49% for 84 months (got it in 6/12) but I pay about $400 a month (payment is $322) because I hate the interest, even though I thought it pretty darn good. Still. I have paid it down to 22,300 and had planned on slapping 1k from my taxes onto it. So when I applied for the Pen Fed loan I asked for $21,500. INSTANT APPROVAL. I think I may have peed myself a little with joy. Everyone teases me about being a credit card troll on these forums but it is ALL WORTH IT!!!! I can't believe I got 21.5k for 60 months @ 1.49. I will pay at most about $800 in interest as opposed to 3k!!! And, my payments are $372 which is still less than I pay now. 

So, stupid, happy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Apps

Congrats, congrats!

I app'd for the Plat gas card a couple of weeks ago, and again last week for a LOC (thinking that it was 1 pull good for 90 days), but I can see on my EQI that I sustained a HP on EQI each time. Thankfully, I got both...the credit card immediately over the phone, the LOC approved 1 day after my online app. So, based on my experience, Penfed's HPs are a YMMV thing to be aware of.

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 2 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That interest rate will save you a ton!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, any idea what your Equifax score happens to be?

        
Message 4 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Congrats, you have joined a great team.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 9
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

What is your fico score? And do you do,all your banking witopen fed or just credit cards etc ?? 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know my Equifax, they did not give me my score. Also- it has been 3 days since I applied and I have not gotten a score alert that they pulled my credit at all..... which I find odd.

I ended up getting approved for the pending Platinum Rewards card with 2k initial limit. So- that's a car refi, and two credit cards all together. Not sure why my credit pull hasn't showed up or if it even will.... Also not sure of my credit score.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. Just got an alert, they pulled Equifax one time. Still don't know score
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous. I joined Pen Fed last year in April or May I believe and when I bought my car at the end of June I tried to by it with them but it was a big mess because my boyfriend had to be on it and he wasn't a member etc. And, they turned me down for a credit card too. Tonight I thought, oh what the heck. I will try Pen Fed again. I applied for their promise card, instant approval for 5k. I thought "WooooHoooo!!!" and.... then I thought, well..... let's try for that one with good gas rewards.... pending on a 2k approval...bummer, think I may have pushed my luck!! :-/ I logged-off, still excited (duh 36 months @ 7.49%- heck yes!) and as I was looking over my current auto loan and calculating out the interest costs for the life of the loan I started to wonder if I had a holy-shot-in-gravy of Pen Fed approving me for the refi at 1.49%. Then I fico-google Smiley Happy Pen Fed and found out that I CAN use my credit pull for any of their products, not just credit cards... so I thought, well, same pull, might as well try.! Annnnnnd- I applied.

@Now, my current loan was for 23800 @ 3.49% for 84 months (got it in 6/12) but I pay about $400 a month (payment is $322) because I hate the interest, even though I thought it pretty darn good. Still. I have paid it down to 22,300 and had planned on slapping 1k from my taxes onto it. So when I applied for the Pen Fed loan I asked for $21,500. INSTANT APPROVAL. I think I may have peed myself a little with joy. Everyone teases me about being a credit card troll on these forums but it is ALL WORTH IT!!!! I can't believe I got 21.5k for 60 months @ 1.49. I will pay at most about $800 in interest as opposed to 3k!!! And, my payments are $372 which is still less than I pay now. 

So, stupid, happy.

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.