Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Pen Fed Q1 Pre-approvals are up!!!

@coldnmn wrote:

Nice stuff!

Their preapprovals are awesome, haven't had these appear for the last few years, so was a bit flabbergasted!

@baller4life wrote:
Awesome!! Great offers! Congrats!
Thanks baller!

@longtimelurker wrote:

Now I feel bad because I don't have any showing?  Is it based partly on use?  I haven't been using my cards heavily.

@john398 wrote:

congrats thats sweet nothing for me but just have an auto loan with penfed

I bet ya'll will have something for Q2 in April if nothing cropped up for this round...didn't have any for years prior to this and reporting balances were much lower back then.

Sry guys, can someone post the cliffs on how to multi-quote? Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ longtime I think it is based off a perusal of overall credit and internal profile, I imagine they do consider usage, mine has been rather heavy over the past few years but not sure how important a factor it may be in their assessment.

Message 14 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Still no love for Jake.

Stay tuned for Q2,3,4...took me a few years to get such sizable offers, some members seem to get nice ones almost every quarter, others report no luv- took me longer than most FWICT. How long have you been a member?

Message 15 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I got my account (credit card) Nov 2012,  and then (by their mistake) another in Feb 2013.  Now have two money market certs as well, but I guess I will continue to wait...  With 2 $20K limits, and a total spend of at most $750 in a year, hard to say "I REALLY need a CLI!"

Message 16 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I got my account (credit card) Nov 2012,  and then (by their mistake) another in Feb 2013.  Now have two money market certs as well, but I guess I will continue to wait...  With 2 $20K limits, and a total spend of at most $750 in a year, hard to say "I REALLY need a CLI!"

They'll get to you, my 2-CLs were just a fraction of yours, clearly you're not on their naughty list. As a newish member with 2 big boy starting limits, I imagine more usage and ongoing good management, may move things along, perhaps give those cards a lil work out! 

Message 17 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

They'll get to you, my 2-CLs were just a fraction of yours, clearly you're not on their naughty list. As a newish member with 2 big boy starting limits, I imagine more usage and ongoing good management, may move things along, perhaps give those cards a lil work out! 

Yeah.  Well, it should have been just one big boy starting limit, but they got really confused when adding chip&pin, and after contacting me 3 times to MAKE SURE that I ABSOLUTELY wasn't applying for new credit, and just wanted a conversion, gave me a additional account .   People doing this later did get their first account closed within a few weeks.  But I have had both open and working for 11 months.  Teething issues I guess!

Message 18 of 25
Exonumist
Established Contributor

None for me... Smiley Sad. They did a soft pull, but I've only been a member for a year now. Maybe next quarter.

Message 19 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Still no love for Jake.

Stay tuned for Q2,3,4...took me a few years to get such sizable offers, some members seem to get nice ones almost every quarter, others report no luv- took me longer than most FWICT. How long have you been a member?

I've had the account since 2008.

After being rejected 3 times, I made a New Year's resolution that they'd never get another HP, LOL! Unless it's a SP, I'm not getting their card. It's been over three years since my last application with them.

It was never a good fit, TBH. They're relatively conservative and my credit upon joining them wasn't perfect like it is now. Also, they tend to hate high utilization. Back then a lot of people were flocking to join. I don't fit their preferred customer profile. I only keep the account to maintain our relationship and have additional options (in a few years) when looking for a mortgage.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.