Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed odds?

tag
cmerriott
Valued Member

Pen Fed odds?

I joined pen fed over the weekend and went ahead and applied for the gas card....it's really the only card out there left that I want and I don't have.  Anyways it went to LO review and is pending, and I am now having regrets, thinking maybe I wasn't ready yet. Lol...

My oldest acct was opened 14 yrs ago, AAoA is 3.3 yrs, 2 inquires in last year, no baddies, I have 3 new accounts opened up in the last year. My fico was a 759 when I applied. Looking for any input. 

Myfico EQ 1/12/13 759

Barclays $6,300, NAVY FCU $25,000, CITI dividend $4,500, AMEX HH $16,800, AMEX BCP $6,000, BofA 123 $9,900, CAP ONE VENTURE $7,500, CITI forward $3,000, DISCOVER IT $10,000, GECRB/LOW $10,000, GECRB/SAMSDC $10,000, SPIEGEL $1,150, WFNNB/BUCKLE $1,100
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Pen Fed odds?

I think you should be ok. It might take two to three days for manual review.

Ron.

Message 2 of 59
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

+1 -  you look good for approval.

Send them any documentation they may ask for! When I joined a year and a half ago, I over-killed them with supporting documentation and they gave us a $20k line on the cash card.

Great card to have - good luck!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 59
dodgeball
Established Contributor

If you have a 759 and a half decent job and you dont get approved I would just walk away from Penfed. That is just outrageous if you dont get approved

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 4 of 59
cmerriott
Valued Member

Turned down!! 

Myfico EQ 1/12/13 759

Barclays $6,300, NAVY FCU $25,000, CITI dividend $4,500, AMEX HH $16,800, AMEX BCP $6,000, BofA 123 $9,900, CAP ONE VENTURE $7,500, CITI forward $3,000, DISCOVER IT $10,000, GECRB/LOW $10,000, GECRB/SAMSDC $10,000, SPIEGEL $1,150, WFNNB/BUCKLE $1,100
Message 5 of 59
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

What is your utlization and how many cards are reporting balances?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 6 of 59
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@cmerriott wrote:

Turned down!! 

Really?? Your cards in your sig looked like you had a really good chance. Also your stats are great. Try to call and recon and see what they say.

There have been other posters on here that got approved with less favorable credit profiles. Maybe PenFed is a YMMV company now??

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 59
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

What is your utlization and how many cards are reporting balances?

I second this...with that score and no baddies it'd seem he'd be a lock for almost any CC. Something had to have spooked them. 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 59
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@cmerriott wrote:

I joined pen fed over the weekend and went ahead and applied for the gas card....it's really the only card out there left that I want and I don't have.  Anyways it went to LO review and is pending, and I am now having regrets, thinking maybe I wasn't ready yet. Lol...

My oldest acct was opened 14 yrs ago, AAoA is 3.3 yrs, 2 inquires in last year, no baddies, I have 3 new accounts opened up in the last year. My fico was a 759 when I applied. Looking for any input. 

Sorry to hear the bad news!!!  I think the 3 new account within the last year spooked them

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 9 of 59
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@cmerriott wrote:

Sorry to hear the bad news!!!  I think the 3 new account within the last year spooked them

Depending on when he opened like 3 new accounts in less than 6 months, but I dont see it being a problem where its 3 new accounts in a year span.

I would call and just find out why and try to recon. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.