Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Fed odds?

tag
cmerriott
Valued Member

Re: Pen Fed odds?

I only have one card reporting a balance the Barclays is 4300 of 6300 limit, I have a promotional 0 percent,it hat I am just abt to transfer to the navy card for another 0 % for 12 mos.The new accounts were a new truck, RV and a Barclay card. 

Myfico EQ 1/12/13 759

Barclays $6,300, NAVY FCU $25,000, CITI dividend $4,500, AMEX HH $16,800, AMEX BCP $6,000, BofA 123 $9,900, CAP ONE VENTURE $7,500, CITI forward $3,000, DISCOVER IT $10,000, GECRB/LOW $10,000, GECRB/SAMSDC $10,000, SPIEGEL $1,150, WFNNB/BUCKLE $1,100
Message 11 of 59
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@cmerriott wrote:

I joined pen fed over the weekend and went ahead and applied for the gas card....it's really the only card out there left that I want and I don't have.  Anyways it went to LO review and is pending, and I am now having regrets, thinking maybe I wasn't ready yet. Lol...

My oldest acct was opened 14 yrs ago, AAoA is 3.3 yrs, 2 inquires in last year, no baddies, I have 3 new accounts opened up in the last year. My fico was a 759 when I applied. Looking for any input. 

Sorry to hear the bad news!!!  I think the 3 new account within the last year spooked them

Depending on when he opened like 3 new accounts in less than 6 months, but I dont see it being a problem where its 3 new accounts in a year span.

I would call and just find out why and try to recon. 

This does not apply with PenFed, they spook very easy. It's either that or Debt/Income ratio .

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 12 of 59
LesWH
Established Contributor

I must have really gotten lucky! I was approved for PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards with a 20,000 limit after opening 14 new accounts not just in the last year, but within 3-4 months! My utilization is low, and my score was less than yours!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 13 of 59
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Definitely recon! When you call in they will most likely tell you that you have to fax a letter in saying why you think they should have approved you. Pull your credit report and give solid details supporting your argument against the denial reasons. I just did it and got them to approve me with a much less favorable credit profile. They gave me an absolute joke of a limit, but it will go up in time.

Message 14 of 59
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

I must have really gotten lucky! I was approved for PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards with a 20,000 limit after opening 14 new accounts not just in the last year, but within 3-4 months! My utilization is low, and my score was less than yours!

O really!!! Lucky you

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 15 of 59
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@cmerriott wrote:

I joined pen fed over the weekend and went ahead and applied for the gas card....it's really the only card out there left that I want and I don't have.  Anyways it went to LO review and is pending, and I am now having regrets, thinking maybe I wasn't ready yet. Lol...

My oldest acct was opened 14 yrs ago, AAoA is 3.3 yrs, 2 inquires in last year, no baddies, I have 3 new accounts opened up in the last year. My fico was a 759 when I applied. Looking for any input. 

Sorry to hear the bad news!!!  I think the 3 new account within the last year spooked them

Depending on when he opened like 3 new accounts in less than 6 months, but I dont see it being a problem where its 3 new accounts in a year span.

I would call and just find out why and try to recon. 

This does not apply with PenFed, they spook very easy. It's either that or Debt/Income ratio .

I got approved for a PenFed CC and LOC this month with 5 new accounts in a 6 month period so this statement maybe its a YMMV moment

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 59
LesWH
Established Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

O really!!! Lucky you

I'm realizing just how lucky now!! They also refinanced my Range Rover for 1.49%!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 17 of 59
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

O really!!! Lucky you

I'm realizing just how lucky now!! They also refinanced my Range Rover for 1.49%!!

Congrats!  I'd love to have 1.49%.  Did you apply for the car or for the loan first?

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 18 of 59
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

O really!!! Lucky you

I am in LOVE with the new 2013 Range Rovers. What year did you get?? 

Off topic, I know. Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 19 of 59
LesWH
Established Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

O really!!! Lucky you

Congrats!  I'd love to have 1.49%.  Did you apply for the car or for the loan first?

I got the credit card first, then immediately after got the Thrifty line of credit and then the refinance.

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.