Established Contributor

PenFed 0% / 18 months

Logged onto my wife's account and noticed they are offering 0% for 18 months for balance transfers on all their cards.

Anyone else see this?

0% Balance Transfer 18 months

Mine- Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / DW's- I'm AU on most- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / Citi Simplicity MC $4.4K / GE Lowes $10K / GE CareCredit $5K
myFico Scores as of 10/03/2014
Equifax 798 / Experian 811 / TransUnion 814
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed 0% / 18 months

I'd go for it if there were a gold bar, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member

Yep. I just processed a BT to my Platinum Rewards card yesterday at the normal promotional interest rate of 4.99%.  Called this morning when I saw the 0% offer and was told they couldn't 'undo' the transfer that posted on 12/31. I plan to call back back tomorrow when they are fully staffed and escalate to see what, if anything, can be done. If they say no I'll have to shuffle around some BTs to be able to take advantage of the 0%.

Valued Contributor

It's also advertised on PenFed's website: https://www.penfed.org/balance-transfer/?intcid=ad-0PercentBalXfer-PenFedORG-ProductDetail-208x173-1...

0% APR promotional rate for 18 months on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013.

A balance transfer fee of 3% (Min. - $10, Max. - $250) per transaction applies.

Valued Contributor

I have the same offer - that is nice!

Looks like they cap the fee at $250.00 too...

Maybe time for that new Rolex I have been looking at!  :smileyhappy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Established Contributor

Maybe it will get back to Navy Federal that this is going on and they will offer a 0% BT promotion too!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Valued Contributor

kevinjjc wrote:

It's also advertised on PenFed's website: https://www.penfed.org/balance-transfer/?intcid=ad-0PercentBalXfer-PenFedORG-ProductDetail-208x173-1...

0% APR promotional rate for 18 months on transfers made between January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013.

I notice it says: This transaction is subject to credit approval.    Is that standard on BTs?   I had assumed you that for BTs on any card you could transfer up to your BT/Cash Advance limit on the card.  Does this mean an extra level of approval is required?

Valued Contributor

This is what I see after I log off:

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

bs6054 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

I notice it says: This transaction is subject to credit approval.    Is that standard on BTs?   I had assumed you that for BTs on any card you could transfer up to your BT/Cash Advance limit on the card.  Does this mean an extra level of approval is required?

I believe that is standard wording on PenFed BT offers. It just means they have the right to deny any BT request.

Senior Contributor

bs6054 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:

I noticed that on the citi card I got for a bt. I think it's just standard banking protocol. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.