PenFed 0% APR Offer

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PenFed 0% APR Offer

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
I received a "pre-declined" letter in the mail.  Smiley Very Happy

lol, it was nice of them to save you the trouble, huh? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

An email just arrived announcing this offer:

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/creditCards/electricgoldpromo09.asp?adcode=401&utm_source=In...

Looks like the Visa Gold cardholders are getting tossed a bone that we PCR Visa cardholders don't get. Too bad!

Could a PCR Visa cardholder whose account is in good standing apply for a Visa Gold card to take advantage of this offer?
As good as this offer looks, remember that electronics retailers often cut prices sharply in January, after this PenFed offer expires. If you really do want a new computer, you might do better to wait until January & dip into savings to pay for it.

Message 12 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

An email just arrived announcing this offer:

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/creditCards/electricgoldpromo09.asp?adcode=401&utm_source=Insert&utm_medium=Ad&utm_content=HolidayGold&cmpid=email-estmt-401-1109

Looks like the Visa Gold cardholders are getting tossed a bone that we PCR Visa cardholders don't get. Too bad!

Could a PCR Visa cardholder whose account is in good standing apply for a Visa Gold card to take advantage of this offer?
As good as this offer looks, remember that electronics retailers often cut prices sharply in January, after this PenFed offer expires. If you really do want a new computer, you might do better to wait until January & dip into savings to pay for it.

+1.  I couldn't have said it better JimB.  I agree with you.

Message 13 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

JimB wrote:

Yes, you can have more than once PenFed credit card. I have two PCR Visa's.

Message 14 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can have more than once PenFed credit card. I have two PCR Visa's.

Great! I wonder if my inquiry still some good.  I'm about to apply for the gold card.  

Message 15 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Naw, I better not.  I forget I need to let my AAoA  get back higher. 
Message 16 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DI wrote:
Naw, I better not.  I forget I need to let my AAoA  get back higher. 

lol, DI dances away from the fire!

For those with the Plat who aren't in a hurry, this past fall (August through October, I think it was) they gave 5% cash back on electronics and other semi-back-to-school goodies. I combined that with a state sales-tax free weekend to get my MacBook Pro, saving 8.5% tax and getting the 5% cash rebate the next month. As expensive as Macs are, that was a pretty good deal. I'm hoping they do it again in fall 2010.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 21
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

This would be a great combo with black friday.  I got my 1080p Sony Bravia two years ago on black friday for $1199 marked down from $1999.  Although actually I got that on a 0% offer from CC (RIP) Smiley Sad

I'm still waiting on my tax refund for the first time homebuyers program so I can pay off about $5000 in revolving debt from renovations so that I can apply for the penfed card I've been waiting to apply for over a year now Smiley Happy  I just hope a 6 month old mortgage won't scare them off.

Message Edited by thrasher865 on 11-08-2009 10:18 AM

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 21
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Penfed just approved me for a 5k personal loan a few days ago, and then I just noticed the visa gold 0% offer, and I said what the heck and applied today knowing they will likely use the inq they used for the personal loan. I did not get an instant approval; it says pending. I already have the gas card with 15k, and I have never charged more than $600 on it. I asked for 15k, and I now regret asking that much. I wouldn't be mad if they deny me this time because I just wanted to make good use of the inq.  0% offers especially from a decent institution like penfed is always tempting to let go.
Message 19 of 21
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Thank you for contacting Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

The promotion is specific to our Visa Gold card only.  If you would like to 
apply for our Visa Gold you may submit an application online.  However, please 
note that you would need to adjust your Visa Platinum limit accordingly as there
is a $50k maximum for all credit card limits combined.
Smiley Mad
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.