Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed 17500.00 approval??????????

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed 17500.00 approval??????????

@jnnngs_mrcs wrote:

Approved! Should recive my card in 7 to 10 days.

Can i ask what credit scores you have? There is a Penfed location in my city and considering apping with them.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 31 of 39
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  Penfed has come up on my radar as a place I might want to be joining soon. 

Someone already asked if there was a 6 month waiting period after joining, in order to apply for a credit card.

Can anyone confirm this?  If so I might as well pull the trigger on becoming a member. (as long as joining does not = a hard pull)

Thanks.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 32 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Very nice starting CL!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 39
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Congrats!!  Penfed has come up on my radar as a place I might want to be joining soon. 

Someone already asked if there was a 6 month waiting period after joining, in order to apply for a credit card.

Can anyone confirm this?  If so I might as well pull the trigger on becoming a member. (as long as joining does not = a hard pull)

Thanks.

Also interested in the 6 month rule. That is news to me. I just joined this evening and it was a HP.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 34 of 39
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@Pilotdude wrote:

Thanks.

Also interested in the 6 month rule. That is news to me. I just joined this evening and it was a HP.

which credit bureau did they pull? Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 35 of 39
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I think it was adavis425 who joined. 

I am still wanting to but if it means a hp, I will wait a bit.  I have other fish to fry up first. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up over the weekend and applied for two cards the same day.  I get a $20K Platinum Rewards Visa. I later in the same day applied online for the AMEX and got a message saying that they were considering me for $20K on the AMEX but it was pending.  I checked the website on Monday and the pending message had been changed to a counteroffer.  I called to see what they had countered with, and was told that $20K total was the Max allowed for brand new accounts, so I would have to split the limit between the two cards.  I agreed to have them split evenly.  I checked back later on the website and the initial card is still showing a $20k limit and the second one is showing a $10K limit.  It may change later, but for now I have a combined limit of $30K between the two cards, which is way more than I could ever imagine using.

They pulled my equifax report.  My score with them is 708.  My quizzle FICO is 785.  I pressed my luck and applied with USAA and received a Visa with a 4K limit.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would seem then that this 6 month thing is nonsense.  If this is the case, then I would expect waiting for my recent hard pulls to clear would be best.  I believe it is the case that when they do the initial HP for your membership, you can then use that same pull to apply for their products for (is it 30 or 60?) days.

Option 1:  Apply for membership now, with 2 recent HP, so that would be 3 HPs, and subsequently apply for their cards, or...

Option 2:  Apply for membership in 6 months, with no recent HPs, and apply for their cards.

I think common sense wins the day with this one, at least if I want to get a decent CL with them...

Message 38 of 39
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Thanks.

Not true. Join and apply for CC with one hard pull. If I remember right, one hard pull is good for 90 days.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.