Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed 5% on Gas and 18-wheel Fleet trucks

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed 5% on Gas and 18-wheel Fleet trucks

I don't have the PenFed card, but in the past the Amex Blue Cash card limited the bonus cash back to some amount like $400 per purchase. I believe a fill up for a big rig is a lot more than $400.

I would imagine other cards might have similar restrictions.

Message 11 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

I don't have the PenFed card, but in the past the Amex Blue Cash card limited the bonus cash back to some amount like $400 per purchase. I believe a fill up for a big rig is a lot more than $400.

I'm not aware of any limits to the BCP/BCE card.  I for sure have gotten credit for more than $400 in a purchase.  Or do you mean $400 in bonus money per purchase which would be like $6666 in a single grocery store purchase (which is the best bonus percentage at 6%).  Maybe you are talking about original Blue Cash.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

When I drove OTR I would not even bother to fill the truck if I was not going to get at least 100 gallons.  If I remember correctly the last truck I drove had twin 100 gallon tanks.  You start getting paranoid when your fuel gauge says you are below 1/4 of a tank.  So about 150 gallons at $4 a gallon and you are looking at $600 to fill it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.