Re: PenFed Advice

@Dustink wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I think they use one HP for all products in the first 60-90 days or sthin lol

It's the first 90 Days

So they aren't HP happy like NFCU? lol

That is Correct..... 1 HP is good for 90 days

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 21 of 25
Tanyasf
Established Member

can't understand why is penfed ? I heard it a very weird bank 

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 22 of 25
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

can't understand why is penfed ? I heard it a very weird bank 

Pentagon Federal Credit Union.  Not particularly weird.  Anyone can join by paying a fee to another group, whereas a number of credit unions are only open to those in a particular region.  PenFed gives good credit limits, good APRs and has some nice reward cards.  Most famous for the cards that give 5% off gas.

Message 23 of 25
Tanyasf
Established Member

yes.but you can get 4/1 cash back in other purches  ,read this :http://creditcardforum.com/blog/penfed-gas-card-review-and-how-you-can-get-one/    and i heard they ask you senf pay tab to imporve your income ......hummmmmmmm

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 24 of 25
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

yes.but you can get 4/1 cash back in other purches  ,read this :http://creditcardforum.com/blog/penfed-gas-card-review-and-how-you-can-get-one/    and i heard they ask you senf pay tab to imporve your income ......hummmmmmmm

That's the old Cash Rewards card.  The one(s) I have, Platinum rewards, give 5% off gas, 3% off groceries, and 1% off everything else, which is pretty good.

Even better, there is no Foreign Transaction Fee, and these bonuses work outside the US, I got 3% off my groceries at UK supermarkets in Feb.

Some do need to provide pay stubs because they are stricter than many, but I didn't.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.