Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Apps

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

PenFed Apps

How long is the credit report on file with PenFed? My HP was on 02 Feb 2015.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed Apps

90 days
Message 2 of 10
IMCUTE2
Contributor

You should call to be sure. I called yesterday and was told 30 days. I received a CLI and new credit card last month and they pulled TU for me.  I applied for LOC Monday and EQ was pulled. I hope this helps. My TU was full of inquiries 10 but still approved. Utilization was 1%. The rep initially said 90 days then checked with someone and changed it to 30 days.

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
90 days

@baller4life is right. It is 90 days as I have accounts with them also.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

and she told me 60 days today

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and she told me 60 days today

Good to see that they're consistent :-/

Message 6 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

It's up to 90 days could be 30-60 as others have noted. It's not set in stone but a general guideline.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm going to apply for the sig visa (5kmin CL?). Do you think once I get approved (and I should) that I can
turn around and apply for the Amex (i actually need both) or is that stretching things?

I guess I have to wait until my member package arrives or something (per their email.)

Actually I wonder if I should get the Amex directly from Amex.. like the EDP or something.

What would be the benefit of getting the PenFex Amex Sig instead of direct from Amex?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm going to apply for the sig visa (5kmin CL?). Do you think once I get approved (and I should) that I can
turn around and apply for the Amex (i actually need both) or is that stretching things?

I guess I have to wait until my member package arrives or something (per their email.)

You can apply for both.  You don't need to wait for the member package to apply.  I applied right after joining.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

but what I mean is, I would assume there is a limit to how much credit they will give me...
so it is wise to approve one then the other ... ... or idk?

also Irish (or anyone else) is the Penfed Amex better than the Everyday Blue Cash Amex type products that direct from Amex?

Would it be better spread spread my visa and amex cards around I mean?

Also Irish why did you get the PenFed Promise Visa over the rewards visa? (what APR did they give you?)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.